Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alloy vs Carbon Aerobars
Quote | Reply
I am toying with the idea of upgrading my felt B2 cockpit from all alloy to all carbon. Is it worth the money? Thanks for the input!
Quote Reply
Re: Alloy vs Carbon Aerobars [kmanio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt Devox?

I would suggest that is a very good bar compared to spending 1000-1500$ on a new set up.

Others will chime in,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kmanio wrote:
I am toying with the idea of upgrading my felt B2 cockpit from all alloy to all carbon. Is it worth the money? Thanks for the input!

You're biggest gain is going to be not from material but from fit/comfort optimization and aerodynamic advantages. Just going from alloy to carbon isn't that big of a deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have the aluminum Bayonet 3 bars, then it is not much of a gain in performance. That said, I just upgraded my Felt aluminum bars to carbon aero bars. These are the chief advantages
  • Carbon is likely more aero, because designers can achieve thinner, continuous, slipperier shapes with carbon than is possible with aluminum.
  • Carbon is lighter, a lot lighter. I shaved 425 grams from my cockpit. Weight may matter less on TT bikes, but that is 0.9 lbs. eliminated.
  • Better looking. Eye of the beholder, but better integration and smoother lines is pretty nice.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your position is dialed in on the alloy bars then it may not be worth upgrading. If you can improve your fit with new bars then the upgrade would be justified. I like the Zipp Vuka (alloy or carbon) for adjustability.
Quote Reply