Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for swim googles that do not touch eyeballs?
Quote | Reply
Due to a medical condition my doctor has asked that I do not wear any swim goggles that touches or puts pressure on my eyeballs. Prior to this I have been using TYR Spec Op's 2.0's for the longest until now. Can anyone recommend a good set that won't leak?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for swim googles that do not touch eyeballs? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Touch the eyeballs?? I've never had goggles that touch my eyeballs, even brushing of eyelids is annoying.
Just look for deeper ones if you have issues. Best case would be to find a swim supply shop and try on a bunch.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for swim googles that do not touch eyeballs? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedo Vanquishers are fairly deep. Much deeper than the Tyr I've used. I have fogging problems when they are too shallow that I don't get with the Vanquishers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka X1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did he mean "put pressure on your eyes"? Like small socket goggles that sit very close to the eye rather than around it?

Or did he mean don't get goggles that rely on good suction for a seal? It sounds like he means don't get goggles that have small sockets and sit on the soft tissue right around your eye.

Honestly if you are racing triathlon and are a pack swimmer, the smaller competitive style goggle does have a level of danger if you get hit or kicked in the face. With the harder plastic and a minimal gasket, you could get cut or worse.

If he meant to not wear goggles that sit very close to the eye, then the larger socket goggles, that have gaskets that sit more on the eye socket bones than in the soft tissue around the eye are what you should be looking for. Kayenne and Kaiman would be my recommendation if this is the case, but there are many options to try. Have you show the Dr your current goggles to ask if those were acceptable? For even more protection, going even larger to a mask, which will apply even pressure around your eyes, even further away from your eye.

I'd be happy to further discuss if you are able to clarify.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka X1 for outside the socket, Speedo Vanquisher for inside the socket. While the Vanquisher might lead one to think it puts more pressure on the eye, I did not find that to be the case. But I hated some of the other "inside the socket" goggles. Nevertheless, the Roka X1 has to be one of the most comfortable goggles on the market. If you have any concern about inside the socket fit, buy the X1. In fact I would buy it anyway, as it is just real comfy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquasphere has "mask" style goggles that may work for you.

http://www.aquasphereswim.com/ca/men/men-goggles

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedo MDR 2. 4 --- they don't sink into your eyeballs like normal goggles. I guess I'd call them extra-orbital. The only downside is that the anti-fog inner coating is a little weak.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for swim googles that do not touch eyeballs? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All,

Sorry for the late response, I had gone away for the weekend shortly after my post. Thanks for all the suggestions folks, will definitely look into the Roka's and Speedo Vanquishers. Might have to place a order on Amazon and try them all out at home.

Jake: Yea I need goggles that sit outside the orbital bone so as not to too or put pressure on my eyeballs (thanks to glaucoma). i currently have the Kayenne and it seems to work well but I'm not 100% sure if there is some part of the gaskets touching my eye sockets. Someone on this post recommend another Aquasphere product that looked promising as well as the Roka X1's. If you have any other suggestion do share!

jakers wrote:
How did he mean "put pressure on your eyes"? Like small socket goggles that sit very close to the eye rather than around it?

Or did he mean don't get goggles that rely on good suction for a seal? It sounds like he means don't get goggles that have small sockets and sit on the soft tissue right around your eye.

Honestly if you are racing triathlon and are a pack swimmer, the smaller competitive style goggle does have a level of danger if you get hit or kicked in the face. With the harder plastic and a minimal gasket, you could get cut or worse.

If he meant to not wear goggles that sit very close to the eye, then the larger socket goggles, that have gaskets that sit more on the eye socket bones than in the soft tissue around the eye are what you should be looking for. Kayenne and Kaiman would be my recommendation if this is the case, but there are many options to try. Have you show the Dr your current goggles to ask if those were acceptable? For even more protection, going even larger to a mask, which will apply even pressure around your eyes, even further away from your eye.

I'd be happy to further discuss if you are able to clarify.

jake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that is what you meant.

So the Kayenne Regular fit goggle should fit outside the eye socket on your orbital bone rather than on the soft tissue inside. Same with the Kaiman goggle as well. The challenging spot will be where the socket closes out by the nose. This will still sit further outside the eye socket than a smaller competitive style goggle, but may still be too close to your eye.

The post above shows the Vista Mask and the Seal 2.0 Mask. These are the best selling swim masks on the market and will be the best bet to ensure that the gasket isn't putting pressure on your eye. These masks have a single silicone gasket that sits comfortably around your eyes. The seal with a mask is great, the adjustment on these are very simple, and the vision is very clear with our curved lens technology and larger lenses.

I would suggest trying both of these on to see which one feels better to you.

Seal 2.0:

Vista:

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for swim googles that do not touch eyeballs? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terrific thanks so much!

jakers wrote:
I thought that is what you meant.

So the Kayenne Regular fit goggle should fit outside the eye socket on your orbital bone rather than on the soft tissue inside. Same with the Kaiman goggle as well. The challenging spot will be where the socket closes out by the nose. This will still sit further outside the eye socket than a smaller competitive style goggle, but may still be too close to your eye.

The post above shows the Vista Mask and the Seal 2.0 Mask. These are the best selling swim masks on the market and will be the best bet to ensure that the gasket isn't putting pressure on your eye. These masks have a single silicone gasket that sits comfortably around your eyes. The seal with a mask is great, the adjustment on these are very simple, and the vision is very clear with our curved lens technology and larger lenses.

I would suggest trying both of these on to see which one feels better to you.

Seal 2.0:

Vista:

jake
Quote Reply