Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guitar players - online guitar lessons?
Quote | Reply
I am coming back to guitar after a very long layoff. And I wasn't particularly good before. But much has changed since I last played. It seems there are YouTube videos showing you how to play lots of songs, and some sites with guitar tab for a lot of songs too. And now I have found out about sites like Jamplay and Truefire with online lessons. I mostly play for my own amusement and I like learning to play songs that I have heard. I am not interested in writing original music, etc, just playing songs I like. My question is, is it worth it to sign up for a site like Jamplay or Truefire, or am I better off just googling up songs I like and looking for videos/tab and trying to play them from that? I mostly like rock with some acoustic. Not into country, etc at all. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Guitar players - online guitar lessons? [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marty Schwartz..

https://m.youtube.com/user/martyzsongs

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a complete musical novice, I found Andy Guitar to be the most helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if your goal is to play more complex material or play up to speed, or to play with good rhythm - you might consider working in person with a good teacher. There's no pain like the pain of trying to unlearn bad habits late in the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ya get with some badass guitarist that’ll inspire you. if you were here in michigan I have a great list of guys.

sometimes
Quote Reply