Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yet another Clifton Question
Quote | Reply
I'm a huge fan of my Clifton 1's but they are not without their issues - about 15-20K into a run I'll start to get a pretty nasty blister on my small toe (outside edge) but just one one foot. I tend to wear down the sole under that toe when I run if that adds any insight. I didn't think I had a really wide foot but clearly, it's tight. I've been lucky with my running prior to the Hokas as far as no blisters or black toes. Even in races in wet shoes.

Since its getting difficult/impossible to source Clifton 1's now, I am considering the Clifton 3 (I have Clayton's but haven't found the love with them yet). Does it make more sense to go up a half size or is the Clifton 3 marginally wider - enough so that this small blister issue might be resolved.

I've considered moving to Altra Paradigm (I have a pair of 1.5's sitting here but I dont love the feel. Before I do that though, I really want to exhaust my options with Hoka.

In Canada, the buying options are pretty limited and no store is going to take back shoes with 20-40K on them.

Thanks for the assist.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another Clifton Question [Halfcrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a new pair of Clifton 1 that are still in the box if you're a size 12.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another Clifton Question [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the offer but I am a size 8.5 and considering a 9. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had 7-8 pair of clifton or bondi shoes and had some end of toe blisters. Went up a half size and it went away on my last two pair. I never wanted to say I was a 13 so I was fighting to be a 12 1/2 for years. I just alter the 3 on the tongue tag and add a .5 :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another Clifton Question [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh really??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Clifton 3 is more in line with the 1, just a hair wider. I think you'll be quite happy with that update.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply