Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Possible to get NFL season pass without Direct TV subscription?
Quote | Reply
I have Direct TV and also stand alone internet through the local cable provider but they are really expensive compared to bundled cable/internet packages in my area. I keep Direct TV for NFL season pass - is there a different way to obtain similar coverage that is reliable and legal?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Possible to get NFL season pass without Direct TV subscription? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe so. Monopolies are bad (supposedly), except when Congress approves them. Direct TV has a sanctioned monopoly over NFL satellite programming. I think you need to be a subscriber to access the NFL content. However, you may be able to get lesser expensive access, e.g., via mobile phones/devices only, but you'd have to check their site.

If I'm wrong, please someone correct me and show me the light, because I'd be interested as well. Direct TV is fine, but too expensive for how little it is used in my home.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible to get NFL season pass without Direct TV subscription? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes there is a way. but you have to prove you cant get directv...
Quote Reply
Re: Possible to get NFL season pass without Direct TV subscription? [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
yes there is a way. but you have to prove you cant get directv...

I'm aware of this route but I also think it is contingent on the cable provider being Verizon (I may be wrong on the company). I clearly don't meet that criteria as a current Direct TV subscriber but was hoping to find an alternative solution. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Quote Reply