Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF??
Quote | Reply
So I just bought a CAAD 12 to replace my Specialized Allez Smartweld that I love but was damaged. Bike looks awesome but I want to replace the seatpost, but it's 25.4mm diameter?? Why in the world would Cannondale use such a non-standard size? Ive looked on websites for Zipp, FSA, Ritchey, and none of them offer this size. What gives?
Last edited by: triguy86: Apr 11, 17 18:16
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if you look closely it's probably actually 25.8.
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [Timemachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah it's 25.4
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you should have quite a few more options in that diameter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's supposed to make a slightly more flexible seatpost, therefore smoothing the ride. I agree, it's difficult to find many aftermarket options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a Cannondale.

I discovered this when I bought my Synapse, and it confounds me.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've gotten spoiled with round seatposts basically available in 27.2 and 31.6 for a while. It wasn't that long ago that one could find 30.9, 27.0, 26.8, and 25.4. I had a Burley Rumba that I rode with my kids when they were young. It had 2 different seatpost sizes! Thomson used to produce multiple sizes. I don't know if they still do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned, looks like Thomson does make a 25.4 seatpost. That may be one of the best options.
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [DM67] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I presume you're looking for something with no set back, otherwise why not use a Cannondale post? I have a caad 12 with the 'dale post which I find fine.

I have to say I absolutely love the Caad 12.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put a hylix on mine, per the recommendations on weight weenies. I love mine too, I was on a Cervelo S3 and the CAAD is slick. Nobody realizes it is aluminum.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [srshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So this sounds dumb but I'm really weird about stuff matching. On my Allez E5 smartweld I had a zipp service course SL post, stem and bar in the all black color which I was hoping to just swap over to the CAAD. Gonna go with Thomson now. Should be good.
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody realizes it is aluminum.

Met a guy on a group ride last summer. He was riding on a Specialized aluminium Allez w/ a combination of Ultegra and DA kit - black on black - just like your bike. From 5 ft away - looked like a carbon fiber bike.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the Thomson seatpost solved it for you. Can't resist posting to say I love my CAAD 12. It replaced an old Cervelo Soloist carbon that I loved but was getting old. The CAAD 12 feels much quicker and I don't notice any more road vibration than with carbon. I have been surprised by that although reviews had said as much. My CAAD 12 came with a stock Cannondale seatpost but it was carbon anyway so I have not replaced it. I took the money I saved from not buying an expensive road bike and bought a tri bike. So no money really saved but I do have 2 new bikes instead of 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomson Elite
ENVE
FSA SL-K

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [bryce_d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It actually came with FSA-SLK but it looks cheap to me. Bought a Thomson elite today.
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice looking bike. i'm glad to hear that Al is still liked. what is that thing you have mounted on the back of the stem?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
nice looking bike. i'm glad to hear that Al is still liked. what is that thing you have mounted on the back of the stem?
Are you talking about the uncut steerer tube?

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [bryce_d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess so.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Just bought a CAAD 12 and I love it, but...a 25.4mm seatpost diameter?? WTF?? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am always afraid of choking on food while riding, so leave the steerer long so I can self perform the heimlich while riding.

I won't cut it off for a while until I know for sure I want to keep my bars low.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone had to be an ass, I thought. Great picture. Serious question, how did you get your bike to stand up?

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Extra long steerer makes for perfect balance...

Some secrets are meant to stay secrets.

A stick

Quote Reply