Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fit Advice. . . . I know another one
Quote | Reply

Any help would be appreciated, switched from stock saddle to ISM and dropped my arm pads by 5mm
I think i need to go a bit lower on the saddle and pads as well as a bit forward on the pads but I am not fitter.
I am much more comfortable now but do find myself skidding forward a bit on the arm pads. I am also nervous if I drop my seat my hip angke will get too aggressive, again I'm not fitter.
any professional advice would be appreciated
Last edited by: JustTooFarr: Apr 11, 17 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Advice. . . . I know another one [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shamelessly bumping my own thread to try and get some help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you could use some more reach to the pads, you look pretty compressed in the front end.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle is just a bit too high - drop it 5 mm. Need more reach (move the pads forward 1 cm) and I'd recommend new extensions. Those f-bends are awfully short and the ergonomics aren't my favorite. I'd recommend Profile T4s or Zipp Evo.

Last, that bike is one size too small for you.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your saddle "May" be a bit high ... but, that's somewhat personal and your hips don't appear to be rocking.

For Tri ... your front end is fine, maybe a bit cramped, but angles are fine. For TT, you could lower the front and extend your reach a little for a flatter back and smaller frontal area.

For the most part though, not a lot of adjustments.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Advice. . . . I know another one [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Saddle is just a bit too high - drop it 5 mm. Need more reach (move the pads forward 1 cm) and I'd recommend new extensions. Those f-bends are awfully short and the ergonomics aren't my favorite. I'd recommend Profile T4s or Zipp Evo.

Last, that bike is one size too small for you.

Yup all of this.

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Advice. . . . I know another one [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for all the advice and input. I am going to try dropping the seat a bit, right now it's at the same height as my old saddle and even ism says drop it 5mm, so clearly I should have listened. Also definitely going to bring the pads forward, my elbows have been inching forward on the pads and hands extend a bit past the aero tips.
I have felt like the frame was a bit too small, which is a bummer, is this something that will limit my fit or can it be overcome? What is the aspect it affects the most?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've seen worse fits used by the pros in oceanside last week. i think the reason you slide on the pads is the nature of felt's pads. felt makes great bikes. but profile makes better armrests.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply