Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM ST.G: Getting bike from town to transition
Quote | Reply
I'm either using tribiketransport to get my bike to the race next month, or I'm getting a rental from RaceDay Wheels. Either way, I'll be getting a bike at the expo in town. Then I'll need to get it out of town to T1. I don't really want to pay several hundred dollars more to rent a minivan for the week for one trip with a bike (doing the race and then staying all week to hike in Zion/Bryce). How else can I get it out there? Looks like all the race shuttles are athlete only and only on race day, so that's no help. Will those road be safe to ride (looks like ~17 miles) the day before the race, or is the traffic too heavy?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: IM ST.G: Getting bike from town to transition [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never been to St. George so can't comment on riding there the day before the race. But, have you considered Uber to get to and/or from transition?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can easily ride it the 17 miles.
How are you getting back if you ride there? Why not use the same way you get back to get your bike there?
The IM St. George people are pretty helpful. I bet they would help you out.
Ask at the expo, everyone has to drive out there and some competitor will help out.
If I were racing this year, I would gladly help you out, but I am out with a knee injury.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: IM ST.G: Getting bike from town to transition [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I've never been to St. George so can't comment on riding there the day before the race. But, have you considered Uber to get to and/or from transition?

Decent idea. I might look into alternates. An uber driver tried (unsuccessfully) to sexually assault my friend during a ride last year, so I'm not sure I can ever get into an uber again. Not trying to cast a shadow on the 99% of drivers who are great, I just don't think I can give money to that company again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am almost positive you could find someone to give you and the bike a lift out there. I would try posting in a local tri club FB page, either Southern Utah Tri Club, or Salt Lake Tri Club and they could help you. The locals here are so friendly and helping, I am sure someone would be willing to help you out. I am local, but don't plan on taking my bike rack, I will just lay mine across the back of my jeep with seats down, or I'd help you out. PM me though, and I am sure we can find you some help.
Quote Reply
Re: IM ST.G: Getting bike from town to transition [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
How are you getting back if you ride there? Why not use the same way you get back to get your bike there?
Ask at the expo, everyone has to drive out there and some competitor will help out.
If I were racing this year, I would gladly help you out, but I am out with a knee injury.

Great, thanks for the advice. I would just have my wife/son drive out to get me in the rental. We're probably just going to get a compact/sub-compact and with the car seat I doubt I could get the bike in the back/trunk (even assuming the rear seats fold down).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
I'm either using tribiketransport to get my bike to the race next month, or I'm getting a rental from RaceDay Wheels. Either way, I'll be getting a bike at the expo in town. Then I'll need to get it out of town to T1. I don't really want to pay several hundred dollars more to rent a minivan for the week for one trip with a bike (doing the race and then staying all week to hike in Zion/Bryce). How else can I get it out there? Looks like all the race shuttles are athlete only and only on race day, so that's no help. Will those road be safe to ride (looks like ~17 miles) the day before the race, or is the traffic too heavy?

Thanks

I can give you a ride out there for T1 setup. I'll have my van with me and will be doing the same thing. Shoot me a PM and we can exchange contact info and come up with a plan.
Quote Reply
Re: IM ST.G: Getting bike from town to transition [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I can give you a ride out there for T1 setup. I'll have my van with me and will be doing the same thing.

Boom! Another ST relationship consummated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
Karl wrote:

Great, thanks for the advice. I would just have my wife/son drive out to get me in the rental. We're probably just going to get a compact/sub-compact and with the car seat I doubt I could get the bike in the back/trunk (even assuming the rear seats fold down).

If it doesn't work out with the other guy, I will take you out there.
Quote Reply
Re: IM ST.G: Getting bike from town to transition [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here if your other rides fall through. You can squeeze in with my kids and I'll throw your bike on the rack with mine. I should be able to get to the expo around noon for check in then head to T1.
Quote Reply
Re: IM ST.G: Getting bike from town to transition [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the offers of help. This is a reason I love ST. Looking forward to (sucking) racing in Utah in a few weeks!

Quote Reply