Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you have a threshold $/mi you will spend for a race? [armyrunjeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, how far I will travel is like how much I would spend--it really depends on the race. I know that I have never spent more than $100 on a running race, and it would have to be a very special race for me to consider it. The most I have ever spent on a race was an IM, and I did not think it was worth the money.

It is rare that I will travel more than three hours for a race. Every year, I travel across the country to see my parents and do a trail race in my home town. Does that count as travelling for a race?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have a threshold $/mi you will spend for a race? [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
honestly I don't really consider price to be an issue...

if you sign up for a $200 race and you're really training for it, are you then less likely to go out to applebees leading into the weekend to lean up a bit? What is that worth? $75?

Invest in your health - races, equipment, etc. Whatever gets you out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have a threshold $/mi you will spend for a race? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize this a worthless thread without a lot of supporting context. The longer you go, the lower the cost per mile is obviously. So unless you only do one distance of race, this thread provides no worthwhile info. Sorry I wasted everyone's time lol

By the way, by almost any measure, the Barkley Marathons has to be one of the best values on the planet ...... $0.016 to $0.012 per mile, depending on what you think the max distance is.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you have a threshold $/mi you will spend for a race? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try and shoot for one "nice" race a year and the rest are local and as cheap as possible. That way I don't have to worry about it as much.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply

Prev Next