Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq Dzero Battery life
Quote | Reply
I upgraded my powermeter from a Quarq cinco to a dzero one this past November and the dzero one seems to be draining batteries. The cinco battery needed to be replaced once a year, but I just had to put in my third battery in the dzero one since I've had it. Anyone else experiencing this?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Dzero Battery life [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using Lithium or Alkaline batteries?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have experience with the d'zero but have a few teammates with it. Haven't heard them make that complaint. Looking at quarq's page you're supposed to be getting a 200 hour battery life. Does that sound like how much you have been doing or less?

Sounds like something I'd call Quarq on. I know in the past my garmin vectors were draining batteries very fast kind of like what you are seeing. Eventually I had the pedal pods and/or the entire unit replaced (I forget at what point I had the whole unit replaced). For me my pedals were faulty and the new unit didn't have that issue.

Also, here's another thread but on a quarq where someone was seeing the same thing and needed the unit sent away. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Quarq_Power_Meter_and_zapping_battery_life_issue_P3948193/
Last edited by: racehd: Apr 11, 17 5:39
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Dzero Battery life [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lithium.

http://www.target.com/c/batteries-household-essentials/-/N-5xsyz
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Dzero Battery life [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe a little less. I think I'm going to just make sure I have a spare in my race bag now and if it dies again, I'm calling quarq.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having this issue but think I know why. Every time I put my bike on my car (or travel with it anywhere, like in a plane), the unit is awake and running on the battery. Next time you get a chance give your meter the slightest of jostles/crank arm rotations, and you'll see it wake and light up. Are you transporting your bike often?
Quote Reply