Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The irony of Trump's climate policies.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I've been told that if you look at actual measured data instead of computer model predictions you are a science denier.

Anyway good luck with your quest and have fun with your name being dragged through the mud for daring to ask questions.

who told you that?

do you accept or deny the findings of climate science that say humans are responsible for climate change?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: The irony of Trump's climate policies.... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I've been told that if you look at actual measured data instead of computer model predictions you are a science denier.

Anyway good luck with your quest and have fun with your name being dragged through the mud for daring to ask questions.

who told you that?

do you accept or deny the findings of climate science that say humans are responsible for climate change?

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the communist party?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

who told you that?

nope. Why is it that I can answer a simple question about my position but you can't?

we all know you deny the consensus of cli.ate science. no one says you deny all of science, just climate science. which still makes you.....

Last edited by: veganerd: Apr 13, 17 5:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

who told you that?

nope. Why is it that I can answer a simple question about my position but you can't?

Because answering that question is pointless and really is just a litmus test for you and your ilk. I refuse to answer litmus test questions.

Plus, my answer is irrelevant to my positions on the issue.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

who told you that?

Reminds me of an argument I had with a buddy a few years ago; not a good story so I won't recount it here but he got pretty mad that I questioned his definition of 'climate change', and that it's an intentionally loaded term with little meaning and allows liberals to turn skeptics of the money involved in 'combating climate change' into what the left has deemed 'climate denialists'. Which is a hilarious term.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

who told you that?

Because answering that question is pointless and really is just a litmus test for you and your ilk. I refuse to answer litmus test questions.

Plus, my answer is irrelevant to my positions on the issue.

its not a litmus test. i just dont get your rejectiin of a label that perfectly describes your long argued position. the label is ultimately unimportant, i agree. i just find it silly. kind of like me refusing to call myself an atheist.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
i just dont get your rejectiin of a label that perfectly describes your long argued position.

What label, and what's my long argued position?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The irony of Trump's climate policies.... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will take a look at that next. This morning I spent an hour looking at tide measurements in the UK. Only place so far that shows highest tides over lifetime of tide guages found so far. On tide guages which were installed around the Uk in the 50-60s the average time of the ten highest tides was about 20 years ago. Few if any in the last 10 years. Have yet to find average sea level readings from guages in a user friendly format anywhere. Next I found a paper in Scientific Reports, 6, Art Number 31245 by a guy named John Fasullo who is a big name in climate research. The paper deals with the problem of decrease in the rate of sea level rise acceleration in the second decade of altimeter recordings of sea level. Altimeter readings appear to have started about 1992. Their explanation is that the first decade had faster sea level rise because it was a rebound from the decrease in sea level caused by eruption of Mt. Pinatubo. I think sea levels are rising (thats a very long term trend?) one of my questions at this point is, is the rate of rise increasing.

eb wrote:
Lots of data here: http://www.psmsl.org/data/obtaining/

Or maybe this is more what you're looking for:
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends.html

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Apr 13, 17 6:28
Quote Reply

Prev Next