Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Top tires for HED + Disc [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like it is the crack pipe adapter I'm using then. I did a quick check and the opening on my disc is 70mm for the valve stem. There is a 32mm stem length butyl tube in there now. If I added another 20mm on top of the current stem in there (to mimic a 51mm tube) that leaves me with less than 20mm of clearance to get an crack pipe in there.

I have a Topeak one (Schrader actually...But that was my mistake on ordering) and it wouldn't fit with any tube larger than 36mm valve stem length icluding a presta-schrader​ adapter easily. But, the shape of the correct presta only crack pipe wouldn't fit either I think as the profile doesn't appear that much less "high" than the one I got.
Quote Reply
Re: Top tires for HED + Disc [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what the one I use looks like.

Quote Reply
Re: Top tires for HED + Disc [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much lower profile than mine.

Quote Reply
Re: Top tires for HED + Disc [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
SlowAmericano wrote:
I am running a Hed disc and Jet 6 front, have been using the Conti 4000s with latex tubes, installing is not really as bad as folks say, just requires a little patience.

Can you tell me what latex tubes you run on the disc? Trying to perform a search for tubes on google (or Amazon and other places too) to include valve stem length is futile at best. Every time I try to search for a "700c tube in a 32mm valve length" or along those lines I get 32mm wide tires more times than not and hardly any actual hits for 32mm valve length tubes. Been wanting to try a latex but don't know what to get for my Jet disc as all I see are 48 or 51mm long valve stems with removable cores only. Or am I missing something?

x2 or x3. The Vittoria Latex tubes are the ones I would go with. You can get the Michelin shorter but they don't have removable valve cores and the valves do break. I have Jet+ Disc and have used numerous crack pipes, and even a full pump head w/o issue.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next