Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Worst Job Ever? [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bq2001 wrote:

Keep upping that kickback and someone will eventually take it.

Exactly. 800 bucks is nothing to most doctors.
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
It's something like just over $600 if the replacement flight is that day.

last fall united gave me $800 to take another flight that was leaving in 45 minutes. it gabe me a bit longer trip but well worth it to me since i was alone.

That would probably cover your entrance fee to an Ironman race. Did you use your windfall wisely and sign up for a race?
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
It's something like just over $600 if the replacement flight is that day.

last fall united gave me $800 to take another flight that was leaving in 45 minutes. it gabe me a bit longer trip but well worth it to me since i was alone.

That would probably cover your entrance fee to an Ironman race. Did you use your windfall wisely and sign up for a race?

i used it wisely and took the ms to mexico in february and sat half naked on a beach while servers brought us drinks. spending a week on an island was far cheaper than doing another IM race!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bq2001 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone has a price. Eventually someone is going to feel the deal is worth delaying their trip.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
bq2001 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone has a price. Eventually someone is going to feel the deal is worth delaying their trip.

i saw on the news yesterday that a family got $11,000 from delta for agreeing to completely give up their flights.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long does it take to swim from SFO to KOA? Is it okay to short cut and just swim to ITO? It would save about 100 miles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Body odor issues?

veganerd wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
bq2001 wrote:

i saw on the news yesterday that a family got $11,000 from delta for agreeing to completely give up their flights.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
How long does it take to swim from SFO to KOA? Is it okay to short cut and just swim to ITO? It would save about 100 miles

just gotta catch an el nino current....

Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Body odor issues?

veganerd wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
bq2001 wrote:

i only saw a snippet of the story but heres the deal. it makes more sense than what i had understood.

https://www.google.com/...ALlioKJnlDqgFAgg_1:0

Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always thought it was the poor bastard who got "bun gun" duty in hog processing plants.

"The carcass continues to go down the line where the bun gun operator drops the bun and basically what that is it looks like a big grease gun. It’s about three inches in diameter. Basically what it does is it just cuts a circle around the rectum where it drops the rectal cavity down into the carcass without breaking it."

https://www.hrw.org/.../2005/usa0105/10.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We once couldn't take off from costa rica because a mechanical issue. They sent us to an all inclusive for a day. Next day the plane was late taking off for Miami because everything was backed up due to big snowstorm in the Northeast. The Costa Rican gate agents were having alot of trouble booking connections finally they just gave up I think. We got to Miami at 11pm or so. We get there and I was told likely two days before I can get out of Florida and no hotel rooms in Miami so I went downstairs and rented a Minivan. Drove about 6-7 hours north beforevacant hotel rooms close to the interstate by which point wife and kids had all slept well in the van so no point in stopping. Made it to Lexington Kentucky before I had to quit. Next day drove remainder of trip to detroit. Travel is an adventure.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
We once couldn't take off from costa rica because a mechanical issue. They sent us to an all inclusive for a day. Next day the plane was late taking off for Miami because everything was backed up due to big snowstorm in the Northeast. The Costa Rican gate agents were having alot of trouble booking connections finally they just gave up I think. We got to Miami at 11pm or so. We get there and I was told likely two days before I can get out of Florida and no hotel rooms in Miami so I went downstairs and rented a Minivan. Drove about 6-7 hours north beforevacant hotel rooms close to the interstate by which point wife and kids had all slept well in the van so no point in stopping. Made it to Lexington Kentucky before I had to quit. Next day drove remainder of trip to detroit. Travel is an adventure.

yes it is! it helps to go with the flow. in February when we went to isla mujeres, we got rerouted to mexico city which was interesting. it was a beautiful city to get sent to, but we only spent 9 hours there.

its a massive city!

Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I would REALLY love to see a story about a university who threw a student off campus after he paid tuition because it's overbooked.

I mean, I would LOVE to read that story.

And while WTC is the devil's own company, has any triathlete ever been turned removed from the swim start after paying their money and setting up their transition areas because the race is too crowded?

I'm sure hotels overbook routinely, as do airlines. Personally, I've never been turned away at a hotel I've reserved because they're overbooked, and I've never seen anyone else with a reservation turned away, either.
I was in Hyatt hotel in Budapest years ago. made a booking and when I got there they said they were full. But with a bit of a good will from both sides, they found me a spare room, much, much smaller then the booked one and charged accordingly. Great service.

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Job Ever? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next