Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dash Stage width
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried both standard and narrow Dash Stage saddles?

I ride a ISM Time trial, I get some inner thigh chafing. Should I get the narrow version of the Dash.

I'm in long the course racing thing.

Thanks for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Stage width [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was using the PN1.1 previously, and the narrow Dash was the right option for me.

In terms of chafing, ISMs often chafe if they are too far forward. Shift it back 1cm and try it to make sure the chafing is due to width, not placement.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Stage width [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed with the being too far forward. on any noseless saddle i need to be just on the tip where any further forward i would be falling off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep definitely narrow - however please note the rails are quite a bit shorter than the pn 1.0 or pn 1.1; also personally i find that my backside wants to sit slightly further back on Dash than Adamo otherwise i tend to slide forward
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Hoodoo and All,

"I was using the PN1.1 previously, and the narrow Dash was the right option for me."

+1

Also I used the ISM previously.

The move to the Dash was little change although the Dash was a bit firmer at first.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Stage width [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
yep definitely narrow - however please note the rails are quite a bit shorter than the pn 1.0 or pn 1.1; also personally i find that my backside wants to sit slightly further back on Dash than Adamo otherwise i tend to slide forward

Yeah, I used some silicone tape to get some extra saddle grip and stop the burning in my delts from pushing back subtly. Lots of pros also add a bit of grip: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6117453#p6117453

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah you might be right - since attack has more padding guess the additional squish there provides enough of friction not to slid e-whereas with dash beeing smooth i jsut slide off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode ISM attacked and couldnt solve the chaffing. No chaffing with narrow stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I applied actually silicone sealant to my Dash, but was wondering about the tape, as I would have preferred that. I wasn't aware that there was such a thing. Can that be purchased at any hardware type store? Thanks!

Titanflexr wrote:
R2 wrote:

Yeah, I used some silicone tape to get some extra saddle grip and stop the burning in my delts from pushing back subtly. Lots of pros also add a bit of grip: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6117453#p6117453
Quote Reply
Re: Dash Stage width [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get silicone "rescue" tape at any hardware or auto store. It sticks to itself, but not to the leather, so you can remove/adjust it if needed. In addition to the lops shown in the pic below, I ended up putting a strip between the loops on the top of each side of the Dash.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.
Quote Reply