Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stryd power in Garmin triathlon mode....?
Quote | Reply
So once the garmin when in triathlon mode locks on to the bike power meter, it doesn't jump to the stryd run footpod. Anyone know how to set this up ahead of time so that run power is captured when garmin is in triathlon mode?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd power in Garmin triathlon mode....? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using the app, or the data field?

If you place the data field within the run configuration, it should pick that up automatically as soon as the run starts.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd power in Garmin triathlon mode....? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ray,

I am using the data field. I just checked Garmin Connect and the Stryd power is there for the run. My memory may not be correct, but I believe that the Stryd data field was just showing the IQ logo during the run.

In Strava's Fitness & Freshness chart, my training load for yesterday's little triathlon is the same for cycling only and for all activities, indicating that run power is not being incorporated as it has in the past. Also, the Stravatix app is not showing running average power on the activity page.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi milesthedog,

I have sent you an email about getting this resolved. We will examine the FIT file and look into the specifics on Strava to get an answer.

Best,
Angus from Stryd
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd power in Garmin triathlon mode....? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ray, do you know if Stryd works with all of the Fenix 5 series? The Stryd website only has the 5X listed as compatible.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd power in Garmin triathlon mode....? [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically it's compatible with all units.

But they're only listing the 5X right now because they (along with myself as noted in the review), are seeing issues with the 5/5S on the power constantly dropping out. Both them and Garmin are working on a solution, but...I'm mixed on optimism there since it sounds a bit more in the realm of antenna challenges.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd power in Garmin triathlon mode....? [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi way2sloow,

Angus from Stryd here.

We are working to see what Stryd can do to bring Fenix 5 and Fenix 5S watches to our compatibility list. We have an engineer collecting as information on this issue to understand what is going on here. We promise to provide an update as soon as we can to affected people.

There is some further discussion on the Garmin forums about sensor connectivity issues facing the Fenix 5 and Fenix 5S: https://forums.garmin.com/...y.php?631-fenix-5-5S

Please email me at angus [at] stryd [dot] com if you are seeing any problems with Stryd and your sports watch. We will help.
Last edited by: ysubtle: May 1, 17 10:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I'm thinking about getting a stryd. Couple questions....

Can I ditch my garmin footpod when I'm on the treadmill if I'm using the stryd? Will the stryd give me cadence and distance on the treadmill?

How do I get running power on my garmin 935? Is it already built in to the watch or do I need a connect IQ app?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd power in Garmin triathlon mode....? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes you can use the Stryd for pace/cadence/distance...in fact, initial testing has it to be extremely accurate, not just at calibrated paces...
You will need a connect iq app
Quote Reply