Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

JSA break this down
Quote | Reply
The internets usual suspects are all abuzz over an executive order repealing an Obama EO titled Fair Play and Safe Workplaces.

Why was it implemented in the first place ( I automatically have my doubts since Obama and Perez were involved)

What will change because of the repeal?

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: JSA break this down [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Fair" is a euphemism for "we're going to take something (by force) from someone and give it to someone else.

"Safe" is a euphemism "we want to control and reduce a certain behavior we don't like so we'll make it super expensive to do.

Full disclosure, I have no idea what the EO was.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: JSA break this down [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
"Fair" is a euphemism for "we're going to take something (by force) from someone and give it to someone else.

"Safe" is a euphemism "we want to control and reduce a certain behavior we don't like so we'll make it super expensive to do.

Full disclosure, I have no idea what the EO was.

Exactly why I am asking the question.

~
Quote Reply
Re: JSA break this down [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The EO (Fair Play and Safe Workplaces) was halted by a federal court in Texas and, therefore, has never been implemented. So, repealing it would really just keep the status quo.

The EO would have required any company with over $500k in federal contracts to annually report any violations in the past 3 years of the following: FLSA, OSHA, NLRB, FMLA, Title VII, and many others. This information would then be used to "black ball" a company to prohibit them from having any future federal contracts.

Now, let me tell you what this EO is absolute bullshit.

If someone faints in the workplace, it is an OSHA-reportable incident. Doesn't matter that it had nothing to do with the workplace. That could qualify as "unsafe."

If someone filed a frivolous discrimination complaint under Title VII, which I see on a daily basis, and even if it was summarily dismissed by the EEOC, it would still be reported and would qualify as "unfair."

If the Union got a wild hair up its ass and filed a frivolous ULP charge, even if summarily dismissed by the NLRB, it would count as a strike.

If a payroll error caused a mistake in a paycheck that resulted in an FLSA claim, even if the company immediately corrected the error, it would count as a strike.

If an employee fraudulently filed for FMLA, which was properly denied, then filed an FMLA interference claim, even if summarily dismissed, it would count as a strike against the company.

Need I go on?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: JSA break this down [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update. Here is hows its being reported.
http://www.nbcnews.com/...omen-workers-n741041

~
Quote Reply