Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: If no wetsuit-What then? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my point of view, there's also a temperature factor to consider. After a while, even water of 26°C can begin to feel chilly. A tri-top or a speed suit will keep you a bit warmer...

Tom
Quote Reply
Re: If no wetsuit-What then? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
For the one 70.3 that I will be doing later this year it is very questionable whether it will be wetsuit legal or not. Over the past four years it's been a coin toss as to whether you could wear them or not. So my question is what to wear if it's not wetsuit legal. During a non wetsuit race last year I felt as though my try to was catching water or I should say filling with water and slowing me down. it's extremely tight so I don't know that it would be feasible to get into a smaller one. So do I go with no top at all or do you recommend a speed suit of some kind ????

To the OP, there is a substantial amount of research on this subject and it appears 95% talk about the benefits of a swim skin.....including a lengthy thread on this forum in 2011 as well as another one this past February. Surprised Emilio hasn't chimed in here like he did back then. To me, it doesn't make any difference where you rank. If gaining a few seconds is important to you and you have the budget why not use all the technology available. I started using one my second year in this sport (2012), and feel it definitely helps. I'm a strong swimmer (sub 52 at Kona thus past year) and always use a swimskin when non wetsuit legal....no matter what the distance. Again, lots of of research on this subject.,,,,anyone should have some kind of benefit it appears. And in your case, it might alleviate whatever possible drag issue you might be having with your tri suit. Good luck.
Last edited by: gphin305: Apr 11, 17 6:31
Quote Reply
Re: If no wetsuit-What then? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious how the 1 piece suits stack up vs swimskins in the water. I might purchase the Roka Viper swimskin and compare vs my one piece Orca RS1 and record times in a pool. I
Quote Reply
Re: If no wetsuit-What then? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depends alot on your techinique and swim position, the fit etc, but generally a skin will save 1-2s per hundred and the wetsuit would save 5-10s per hundred
Quote Reply

Prev Next