Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kids tv shows
Quote | Reply
Is it just me.... or, what happened to cartoons like the Smurfs, Tom and Jerry, the Flintstones, etc.

I "don't get" most of the cartoons now-a-days.

Apparently research was done on Spongebob and kids were "dumber" when exposed to the show. I really, really can't understand the British guy who makes the videos on YouTube talking about Minecraft.

Lastly, I finally realized that Nickelodeon shows always have the kids in charge and the adults are complete idiots on the show. Ridiculous.

Rant over.

Share.
Quote Reply
Re: Kids tv shows [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old are your kids?
Some of the crap I catch my 8 yo watching are bizarre. Half of them get locked. They're just creepy

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my estimation The Smurfs was the one that signaled Saturday morning cartoons now officially sucked. I think Spongebob is pretty good. Other ones over the past couple of decades that my kids watched that I liked were Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Chowder, neither of which lasted more than a couple of years. I think they were both on Cartoon Network but I'm not sure. Now it seems like all the cartoons my daughter turns on are based on princesses of one sort or another.

Phinneas and Ferb is pretty good too, not sure if it's still on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The commercials are the worst part of the whole thing. Our 8yr old girl loves Kratts Creatures and a couple other PBS ones like Odd Squad. She actually learns a ton from Kratts and can recall it all. My wife and I are both Biologists and we can actually sit and watch those two at least.
Quote Reply