Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fit for long course question
Quote | Reply
Does it matter/ make sense to have a less aggressive position for long course races? My current fit is pretty aggressive ( by my standards) but as I'm putting together a new bike that I will use for longer races I'm considering relaxing​ the position. Is there any way to tell how much I'll loose by sitting a little higher?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit for long course question [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you maintain your current position for the entirety of your planned race distances?

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit for long course question [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit for long course question [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
Can you maintain your current position for the entirety of your planned race distances?

I honestly don't no yet. First year I'm going to try longer races. My fitter seams to think not. I'm not sure he's right
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just a balance...of course more aggressive is better aerodynamically but if you can't stay there for 120-150 minutes (70.3) it's worthless...personally I've got a lot of good advice in this category from ST, but most of the insight has been gained simply by trying it out on the road and learning what I can handle as I would recommend for you. Also the comfort issues are amplified when going longer...you can get off the bike in an Oly and fight through 10k uncomfortably but try that with 13.1 miles to run and could very well be a different story. Trial and error.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit for long course question [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty. Always chasing perfection. Some time's it's not possible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Does it matter/ make sense to have a less aggressive position for long course races? My current fit is pretty aggressive ( by my standards) but as I'm putting together a new bike that I will use for longer races I'm considering relaxing​ the position. Is there any way to tell how much I'll loose by sitting a little higher?

I primarily do OLY distance in a pretty aggressive position on my P4 but did two IMs and two HIMs over past 18 months. I had the same concerns and experimented with spacer movement. Found that adjusting two spacers (about half inch) below the stem was definitely more comfortable and I really don't think lost any performance. As others, you'll just need to experiment.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit for long course question [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I primarily do OLY distance in a pretty aggressive position on my P4 but did two IMs and two HIMs over past 18 months. I had the same concerns and experimented with spacer movement. Found that adjusting two spacers (about half inch) below the stem was definitely more comfortable and I really don't think lost any performance. As others, you'll just need to experiment.

I'm building a np3. I may add a touch more height under my arm pads than I intended
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't change position until after doing several 60 mile rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit for long course question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Just thought since it's being put together now would be good time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can raise the aero bar yourself in about three minutes.
Quote Reply