Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
Somehow I never got the bag at Oceanside, not sure how I missed it, was going to email them but now doesn't seem worth it. Did they do finishers hats this year? I know last year they did, not sure if I missed that too. All I got was the tshirt.

Yes. Hats were decent. White this year, handed out just after medals
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 7, 17 12:11
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats what I get for being in a rush to see family. Got my medal and cut out of the finish chute.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That is a men's 11.5 Clifton for reference. And the Clifton is touching the wall so no perspective tricks or anything.
Last edited by: Sean H: Apr 7, 17 13:40
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
The quality of WTC giveaways has been in serious decline since 2012 in the US. Overseas races seem to still get better schwag and awards.

The backpacks from 2012 U.S. full distance races are the best ever!!!

Agreed. I still use my 2012 IMAZ backpack for my swim/gym bag. Every bag/backpack before or since sucked in comparison.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They probably blew the budget doing the nice embroidery of the race sponsor...

That is a bummer. Same quality as the ones companies hand out for free at career fairs. It'd be nice if they at least tried to give some decent schwag.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am thinking IM change purses next year!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2011 IM Texas backpack was the best out of the three years i raced there. I still have 2012 and 2013, but that 2011 bag was perfect. It became my transition bag and is still in use today. 6 years and counting!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my Rudy wing 57 in it. Sure I will find other things just got it today at Florida
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have more than I need and give away the ones I don't want. Meanwhile, my favorite of all time is one of the cheaper ones I picked up at a 70.3 somewhere. It doesn't hold too much but has full width shoulder straps instead of being a string pack. It is perfect for schlepping around town when you need to carry a few things but don't want to tote around a full size back pack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wisconsin 2012 was a far better bag than Tremblant 2013, but I've gotten the most use out of Boulder 2014, which I've used religiously for the past 2+ years. It's showing age though. Interior pocket giving way, pulls coming off but I've put it through a lot.

But best quality free bag was Challenge Penticton 2015. Evoc, a hell of a travel bag.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Apr 8, 17 16:14
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just a sling bag. It's the right size to go to the beach or something, but it's not meant to be a day pack.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Yeah I'm with you. I did Oceanside this past weekend and found that bag fairly disappointing. I can't fit anything in it so maybe my kid can find a use for it. Fingers crossed for something different at Victoria but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Salton Sea Triathlon Club
“I swim to get to the bike. I run because nobody gives a shit about aquabike.”
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:
Got my Rudy wing 57 in it. Sure I will find other things just got it today at Florida

How? Is your head the size of Beetlejuice and Rudy made you a custom helmet? I can't fit my running shoes in there let alone my helmet.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 bags - anyone else disappointed? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
The quality of WTC giveaways has been in serious decline since 2012 in the US. Overseas races seem to still get better schwag and awards.

I didn't think so at IM70.3 Taiwan. The medals they give out at local 5K fun runs are of higher quality. The bag was basically a tote with a zipper top, which at first seemed sturdy, but after using it a couple of times seems like it will wear out quickly. The other branded schwag piece was a white towel with the race logo on it, which after one washing is unrecognizable. Honestly, those things aren't why I do the races, but it does seem like the quality is declining while the registration fees hold steady or increase.
Quote Reply

Prev Next