Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Loaded Question: Priests/Teachers
Quote | Reply
So I just saw on CNN, the 25 year old married female teacher that had sex with a 14 year old student, doesn't get any jail time. While priests go to jail and are sued. Perhaps, the school district/school/teacher will be sued, but it was not mention. Just curious if people feel/see the hypocrisy of male sexual abuse to young boys and females doing the same thing, yet are punished differently. Whats your take?

On another note, it seems like any one can "come out" and say a priest touched them 20 years ago and sue the church for lots of money. Tell me your take. =oP

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Re: Loaded Question: Priests/Teachers [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think not too many priests have gone to jail. And there was a rather high profile case of a female teacher going to the slammer for having sex with a student.

But yes, there's a double standard relating to the gender of sexual abusers in general. I'm not sure if it actually translates into different legal treatment or not. I'd like to think not, but I don't know.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course there is a double standard. What is your point?
Quote Reply
Re: Loaded Question: Priests/Teachers [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no point. just curious as to what others thought.

http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Loaded Question: Priests/Teachers [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And there was a rather high profile case of a female teacher going to the slammer for having sex with a student.

They're married now w/ 3 kids (if we're thinking about the same case). THe guy waited for her to get out of prison.

==================================

IMO, the difference is the student is willing to have sex with the teacher, but the priests are taking advantage of a situation to basically "rape" or "molest" the student.

I know in cases involving teachers and non-voluntary sex, the teachers goes bye-bye for a long time. There's a band director in Illinois that going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know why, but an older woman with a young teenage boy doesn't bother me as much as an older man with a young teenage girl. Am I wrong in thinking that way?
Quote Reply
Re: Loaded Question: Priests/Teachers [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take a stab at "why". Young men are viewed as sexually aggressive, while young women generally are not. People feel that a young girl must have been brainwashed or coerced into an inappropriate situation, while a young man was a willing participant and not psychologically or physically harmed by the experience. Which may actually be the case, by the way. To have these conceptions is probably not unusual, but obviously the point is overlooked in the case of the younger male, and that is that in our society it is inappropriate for any adult to have sexual contact with any child. The law should be enforced equally, despite how the two parties involved "feel" about each other. It is always the adults responsibility to maintain an appropriate relationship.

No sympathy for the offenders.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Loaded Question: Priests/Teachers [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are not wrong. In our society, males pursue females ... always have ... always will. Female virginity is respected if not valued whereas male virginity is an embarrassment. There are exceptions but that is the norm. Thus, when a male has sex with an adult female or at least female of his own age, he has succeeded whereas the female has succumbed. When an older male has sex with a young female (under 18) we think of him as a predator who has taken advantage of a defenseless female. When an older female has sex with a young male (under 18) we think of him as a success before we really think about her at all. Indeed, our first thought is how old is she and what does she look like so we can figure out how successful he was. It is the same reason that sexually promiscous men are studs and sexually promiscuous women are sluts.
Quote Reply
Re: Loaded Question: Priests/Teachers [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People feel that a young girl must have been brainwashed or coerced into an inappropriate situation, while a young man was a willing participant and not psychologically or physically harmed by the experience. Which may actually be the case, by the way.

I think most men think, "hey, if it were me at 14 banging my hot teacher, I would be OK with that" - including me. But I believe people who actually study this have found that older woman/underage boy sexual relationships can actually damage the boy in the long run.

Young men are viewed as sexually aggressive, while young women generally are not.

It's time societal perception caught up with reality.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply