Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cush under the forearm: Aerobar pad suggestions?
Quote | Reply
So, the time has come for me to accept that a single piece of cut-off wetsuit neoprene doesn't quite, uh, cut it anymore. After a four-hour ride on bumpy roads my arms are sufficiently bruised to put me off TT'ing for a few days. I need more cushin' for the pushin'!

The technical details: 1st-gen Trek Speed Concept 9.

Now you're all going to chant "CeeGee pads!"

I don't doubt they make the best cushioned pads around, but what about the holders? The Speed Concept is a brilliant bike but the pad cups don't quite have me "locked in" as much as I'd like to. I've been eyeing some of the deeper cup options - specifically the AeroCoach Align:

Anyone with experience with those? Any other recommendations?

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Cush under the forearm: Aerobar pad suggestions? [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have align's on my tt bike and track bike. They'll definitely hold you in.

I saw on aerocoach's website you can now order them with thicker "pads" which may be close to what you are after... the stock 5mm is pretty spartan.

You can also go to your local craft store, buy a sheet of foam hobby board (in colors even! ;) ) and some rubber cement and cut/glue/stack pads as thick as you would like. (You'll also probably need velcro to stick everything together, also available at said craft store)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cush under the forearm: Aerobar pad suggestions? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually came across your blog review and was wondering how you found them over time? I'm looking into the thick pad option. Figured that the price for these is not much more than CeeGees+shipping, so I might as well get a more secure pad shape. I ride a relatively aggressive position and love the "locked-in" feel to help me relax into the tuck.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The little "bumps" on the outside edge wear on me after an hour or so. I removed them from my track bike since it's exaggerated going into the turns on the right side. Not a big deal on my tt bike though (and they are easy to remove) Otherwise they are great.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's something that would be super easy to 3d print. Maybe you know someone with cad experience that could help? It doesn't help your padding issue though i bet custom cups would help comfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the Zipp Vuka armrests bolt on the SC extension pad holder bolt centers. I rode an SC for several years and have the Vuka bars on my new bike. The symmetrical shape and extra length provide a lot of support and I find them more comfortable than the SC pads. The pads are plush and it is easy to find replacement pads or even add CeeGee pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig and Drag2zero have options. I run a hodge-pod get of parts on my bars (HED, Zipp, Specialized parts) and generally the bolt spacings have been identical. Find someone with pads/cups you like and just check if they fit.
Quote Reply