Sunrise this morning was Blue and Orange, Gods message to Bronco Fans

http://www.espn.com/...all-broadcast-career

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for him. Seriously.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A career in broadcasting is like winning the lottery for former football players/coaches.

Good for him. I'm curious to see how he does in the booth.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good move. He will almost make as much money broadcasting as he did playing and won't get mangled in the process.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has been jerked around by JJ even though they sat face to face and agreed that he has no future with the Cowboys. I am not 100% sure this is true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any bets on how long it'll take before TR steps down wrong from the booth and tweaks his back?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Romo Retries?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I've never been a huge Romo fan, it was more the disdain of cowboy fans that thought he was the best QB in the league.

After a good friend got divorced he lived in the same building as a few cowboys and Romo was one of them. This was before he became the starter. Their building had a golf simulator in the game room, the kind where you hit the ball and when it hits the screen it continues to see where it would go. Tony would be hanging out there often or shooting pool. If you didn't know he was the 3rd string QB, you would never know by talking with him. He was a fun guy to talk with, and hang around with when he was there. So I can really see him doing well as a broadcaster.

Good for him to retire, and go on to the next part of his life. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but I'm glad he is walking away while he can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's an expert at watching the playoffs from a booth
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He included that on his resume, under "Relevant Work Experience".

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to CBS to replace Phil Simms, so he won't be going to the Super Bowl again this coming year.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Going to CBS to replace Phil Simms, so he won't be going to the Super Bowl again this coming year.

That makes two wins for Bronco fans.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is he trying again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He rehabbed and trained like crazy all off season only to retire? It could happen but I'm not convinced. Do you think he's concerned about damaging his Dallas legacy if he goes to Hou similar to how Farve did when he went to MN?
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
He rehabbed and trained like crazy all off season only to retire? It could happen but I'm not convinced. Do you think he's concerned about damaging his Dallas legacy if he goes to Hou similar to how Farve did when he went to MN?

I don't know. It's a process as they say. He thought he might find a home in Denver or Houston, so he prepared for that.

Once he saw that they weren't all that interested, he most likely reevaluated things and realized that he could make the same or better money (and still be able to walk in 5-10 years) and have a potentially long career as a broadcaster.

Being the #1 color guy at CBS isn't all that bad a gig.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He would be in the same situation as he was in Dallas if he went to Houston or Denver, all the focus would be on him. Sports people keep saying those teams are super bowl teams just waiting to happen if they get a QB, so if they win it all it was expected if they don't it was his fault.
and in that he has played behind what many call the best O-line the past couple of years and still have gotten injured, what would happen behind a lesser O-line?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is he trying again?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Good for him. Seriously.

Hes a good guy and its a great idea to step away while he can still walk and golf.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Good for him. Seriously.

Hes a good guy and its a great idea to step away while he can still walk and golf.

I think it's a good idea for any of these guys to step away. To me its insanity to keep playing football at 37 years old when you've already made millions.

Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
What is he trying again?

Quote Reply
Re: Romo Retries [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Being the #1 color guy at CBS isn't all that bad a gig.

Consider that there's a guy at Fox who is ALSO an ex-Dallas Cowboy

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a starting QB he was good but not great. Average mobility, decision making and arm strength. Pretty good football awareness but then would choke at the worst possible moment.
The only reason we're making such a big deal about his retirement is because he played for the biggest market team and had a thing with Jessica Simpson when she was relevant.
If he played in JAX, TEN or BUF most people would not even know his name.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply