Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NC v Gonzaga. Seriously??? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:
The officials are killing the flow of this game. Between horrific shooting and horrible officiating, this is the worst game I have seen in this year's tourney.

I'm following an officials forum as well and it's pretty quiet about the refs tonight. I'm sure there'll be a lot of discussions this coming week though as we analyze the plays.

Wait a minute. Then what the hell is being discussed? Bad jokes about Melania Trump's new White House portrait?
Quote Reply
Re: NC v Gonzaga. Seriously??? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Heels!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: NC v Gonzaga. Seriously??? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:
The officials are killing the flow of this game. Between horrific shooting and horrible officiating, this is the worst game I have seen in this year's tourney.

I'm following an officials forum as well and it's pretty quiet about the refs tonight. I'm sure there'll be a lot of discussions this coming week though as we analyze the plays.

Wait a minute. Then what the hell is being discussed? Bad jokes about Melania Trump's new White House portrait?

It's nothing like the LR. It's pretty much only people who are officials at all levels and not ex-triathletes. We don't talk politics, only basketball officiating. This morning there have been several videos that have been posted and a lot of comments on calls, no calls and reviews.

For example, the picture that is going around now of Meeks hand out of bounds, we're talking about the positioning of the official. He was on top of the play in regards to a held ball but he needed to be back about 2 or 3 feet to open up his view of the entire play. We typically don't get personal and specifically talk about calls only. If it starts getting personal about a specific official or crew it is quickly shut down.

By the way, I thought her portrait was nice.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: NC v Gonzaga. Seriously??? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I heard the number this morning. Something like 14 fouls in the first half and 27 in the second. WTF?

I did not watch the game but could this be due to the fact that the shooting (from the outside) was so horrible that both teams went inside, and thus draw more fouls?
Quote Reply
Re: NC v Gonzaga. Seriously??? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I turned the game off about 3/4 the way through. It was not a good game. The officials were way too quick on the whistle. Both teams were in the bonus with what... 13 or 14 minutes left in the second half???

Agreed it was a horrible game due almost entirely to the officiating (shooting was poor as well, but constant interruption of game flow by the whistles can't possibly help the shooters gain any rhythm, either). But, being on the west coast, it wasn't that late and regardless of how good/awful the game itself goes, they're gonna hand a trophy to one of the coaches at the end and not the other ~ so I stuck it out to see who finally emerged on top. I guess it was still suspenseful in that regard; might be the most charitable way to put it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next