Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB 2 sets of spd-sl pedals and 2 pairs of womens tri shoes (41 and 43)
Quote | Reply
Both my girlfriend and sister are looking to upgrade to clipless pedals for the first time. Trying to keep it cheap. Some 105's or cheap looks would do perfectly fine. Tri shoes would be preferable but some easy to put on cycling are fine too. My sister has wide feet so a wide 42 or a 43 will be needed. Let me know what you have!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: WTB 2 sets of spd-sl pedals and 2 pairs of womens tri shoes (41 and 43) [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest the Ultegra PD-6800 pedals with cleats that can be found new for around $90 with free shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB 2 sets of spd-sl pedals and 2 pairs of womens tri shoes (41 and 43) [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Bont Sub-8's for sale. Sz 44 but they fit small (more like a 43) super nice, just didn't fit as a 44 normally does for me, too short. Moldable carbon soles... how about $125 shipped...

#BeADecentHumanBeing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they are looking to try out for the first time look for Shimano PD-540 sets. These are entry level spd-sl's for Shimano and include cleats. There is also a "LA" (Light Action) version for those who are worried about being able to clip out.

Most places are $35 or less per pair and are a solid set (I used these for my first set of spd-sl until I found deals on carbon versions 6700 and 5800 that I upgraded to...vanity only as functionally they all feel the same). Hard to beat that price as a set of new replacement Shimano cleats run $20 most places....for an extra few you get pedals too.

Nashbar has them for $31.99 for one set and their shoe selection is pretty good with plenty of low cost options.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Apr 3, 17 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: WTB 2 sets of spd-sl pedals and 2 pairs of womens tri shoes (41 and 43) [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, yeah thats definitely my plan if no one has anything here. Riding a steel and aluminum road bike so no need for carbon pedals right now. I'll check out Nashbars shoe selection as well.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I have 2 sets of spd pedals at home. I'll be back tomorrow and can check. I posted one set for sale a few weeks back.
Quote Reply