Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was, until the LR attention whore needs the spotlight turned back on him.
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [Les Paul 1959] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Les Paul 1959 wrote:

Actually I'm trying to put the focus on the problem (Islam) but a bunch of apologists for murderers are trying to make it about me.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Les Paul 1959 wrote:

Actually I'm trying to put the focus on the problem (Islam) but a bunch of apologists for murderers are trying to make it about me.

Wrong. You made (or posted) a tasteless meme out of someone's crime. Nobody is apologizing for murderers. That is the noise in your so-called brain.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Les Paul 1959 wrote:

Wrong. You made (or posted) a tasteless meme out of someone's crime. Nobody is apologizing for murderers. That is the noise in your so-called brain.

Islam is a backward, intolerant, anti-gay, misogynistic, murderous 14th century cult that is incompatible with modern liberal society. This recent bombing is yet another example of that.

But hey, never mind that, some asshole is posting memes! I'm outraged!!!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Les Paul 1959 wrote:
It was, until the LR attention whore needs the spotlight turned back on him.[/quote]

Actually I'm trying to put the focus on the problem (Islam) but a bunch of apologists for murderers are trying to make it about me.[/quote]

Wrong. You made (or posted) a tasteless meme out of someone's crime. Nobody is apologizing for murderers. That is the noise in your so-called brain.[/quote]

Islam is a backward, intolerant, anti-gay, misogynistic, murderous 14th century cult that is incompatible with modern liberal society. This recent bombing is yet another example of that.

But hey, never mind that, some asshole is posting memes! I'm outraged!!![/quote]
Oh you got me there. We couldn't possibly be smart enough to hold two thoughts in our heads at once!!!

Here is a hint... you fucking idiot:

What you wrote about Islam is true.

And you are also an asshole.

Wow. Two thoughts. Simultaneously. I must be a genius.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
mv2005 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
If I'm ever beheaded by some practitioners of this backward, regressive, idiotic 14th century cult I'd want my memory honored by having the image my severed head posted everywhere in a full media blitz to serve as yet another example of why this religion is scourge on the world and the antithesis of modern western liberal ideals.

But do you think Mrs Duffy and Duffy Jnr would share your sentiment? Honestly?

Duffy Jnrs at college and guys are mocking Islam and he stumbles across a picture of your head on a stake or mutiliated body. You think he would feel that you're being honoured?

I guess that's the point Iron is making.

I'll ask him when I get home

Do you think the families of those US pilots (forgive me if I got their role wrong they could have been ground soldiers) who were dragged around the streets of Somalia get warm and fuzzy seeing those images in Time, let alone some meme?

Don't give Duffy Jnr any context or your own thoughts. Just ask him straight out.

Shughart and Gordon both Delta Operators. I happen to know a teammate of theirs who was there and post shit like this all the time. I post his stuff here as the Real American Hero he is.

This months post, look at page 7. He has posted pictures very similar to Duffy's to regularly.

http://combatshootingandtactics.com/...CSATUpdate_Apr17.pdf

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What you wrote about Islam is true.

And you are also an asshole.

So we're in 100% agreement here.

Oh, and you should learn how to use the quote feature here before you go calling people idiots.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's nothing like Duffy's first meme.

I have zero issue with memes 2 and 3. I didn't really have an issue with the first one. I was trying to put into context why loved ones might take offence to seeing the heads of those they lost used in a meme to push an agenda. It's not being respectful to those people, it's just using the grotesque manner of their death to invoke outrage at the perps. It has nothing to do with honouring the dead. We just don't give much thought to it because the dead in this case are other middle eastern people.

I'm suggesting that Duffy Jnr and Mrs Duffy wouldn't be that comfortable having Duffy's head skewered on a pole used as a tool to promote outrage for a cause. I don't recall if you have kids or are married, but would you like to see their heads used as a meme in the LR or would you prefer something less confronting, like a bombed building or say the Nice truck image from a distance, used for an almost identical effect?

Locally we've had a spate of Great White shark deaths. A former colleague had his wife bitten in half. It would be like using an image of her bloodied half used as a meme to promote a cull vs say a picture of a shark and text saying "X deaths in Y years". They both make the same point to all but a few. But I know my colleague would be most upset if he saw the former. Would you not agree?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Absolutely no outrage expressed over the act of beheading depicted, just attacks on me for posting it.

Right, because there's really confusion about whether or not people in the LR are ok with the idea of beheadings.

You don't really have to try so hard to be a douche, you know. You could give it a rest once in awhile.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allahu Akbar!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
mv2005 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
How about you give m the exact wording you want me to use when ask him.

Hmm that's not as easy or obvious as one might think. By your accounts he's pretty switched on and obviously knows your game inside out. He could probably smell it coming a mile away!

I'll leave it up to you. I'd just be pretty surprised if he or your missus wouldn't take offence seeing your mugshot turned into numerous memes. But nothing's impossible these days.

Already hedging, eh?

Only so far as I need to remind myself who I'm dealing with here and the MO you take on a variety of things. As such I'd still be surprised if he said he's cool with people showing your skewered head to push an agenda, but not shocked.

I'd be surprised if you weren't universally condemned if you put a meme of little Martin Richards blown apart body to say the same thing. A skewered head is a whole step up above that as it's a deliberate act to humiliate the deceased. But I can't think of an American equivalent. Perhaps that reporter Who was beheaded.

Per my response to Forge I'm not outraged or an apologist. I don't like the moderate changes taking place locally to appease. I was just offering some context to how people could be upset and that the same message could be conveyed without necessarily getting that graphic and how it devalues an individuals life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd post the little boy's "blown apart body" if I could find a pic of it because that is the reality of what we're dealing with. If that was my son I'd post picture of his body as much as possible so as many people could see as possible.

And I'd send a print of it in the mail every fucking week to whoever gave me shit about it.

You and I aren't the same.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just asked.

He said he'd be really sad if I died but if a meme of my severed head went viral...

"That would be awesome!."

FWIW, he probably doesn't really know what he's saying.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I just asked.

He said he'd be really sad if I died but if a meme of my severed head went viral...

right. hes what, 11 now? kids have no idea of the gravity of death of a parent until it happens. even then, it takes a while.

he can say anything now, id take it with a grain of salt.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Bombing In St. Petersburg, Russia [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I just asked.

right. hes what, 11 now? kids have no idea of the gravity of death of a parent until it happens. even then, it takes a while.

he can say anything now, id take it with a grain of salt.

He's 12.

And I said I would ask him, so I did. And that was his answer.

Again, this thread is about some murderous cowards bombing innocent people (likely in the name of an archaic bullshit, pedophile worshipping cult) and all fucking ostriches keep barking at me.

Fuck off already.

Here's the last 30 days of the religion of peace at work...

Date Country City Killed Injured Description
2017.04.03 Israel Jerusalem 0 3 A Palestinian stabs two Torah scholars and a guard.
2017.04.03 Russia St. Petersburg 11 39 Islamic terrorists set off a shrapnel-packed bomb on a subway, aerating eleven commuters.
2017.04.01 Iraq Mosul 17 1 Seventeen family members are lured outside their home and killed with a bomb. The victims include a 3-year-old boy and a disabled girl.
2017.03.31 Pakistan Parachinar 24 90 Over two-dozen lives at a market and rival mosque are snuffed out by a Sunni suicide bomber.
2017.03.30 Pakistan Nankana 1 0 A prominent Ahmadi Muslim is gunned down outside his home by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.
2017.03.29 Mali Boulikessi 3 0 The "Group to Support Islam and Muslims" machine-gun two officers and a civilian at a checkpoint.
2017.03.29 Iraq Baghdad 17 60 A Shahid suicide truck bomber detonates in the middle of a crowded street, claiming at least seventeen lives.
2017.03.28 Egypt Sinai 2 0 Islamic militants behead two Sufis for witchcraft.
2017.03.28 Afghanistan Khakrez 4 5 Sunni fundamentalists attack local security personnel in the middle of the night and kill four.
2017.03.27 Iraq Mosul 1 0 A gay man is stoned to death for 'violating the limits of Allah and Islam.'
2017.03.27 Iraq Okaidat 1 0 An imam is assassinated by Religion of Peace rivals.
2017.03.27 Yemen Huta 10 4 An Ansar al-Sharia suicide bomber sends ten other souls to Allah.
2017.03.27 Iraq Baqubah 3 0 Three tribesmen are kidnapped and murdered by the Islamic State.
2017.03.27 Thailand Rangae 1 5 Militant Muslims open indiscriminate fire on a police parade, killing one member.
2017.03.27 Nigeria Emuhu 3 6 Three villagers lose their lives to a brutal raid by Fulani terrorists.
2017.03.26 Afghanistan Darzab 3 0 Three 'ordinary civilians' are executed by the Islamic State.
2017.03.26 Iraq Sham 30 0 Women and children are among thirty civilians executed for trying to flee the caliphate.
2017.03.26 Iraq Mosul 16 43 Two children are among sixteen civilians exterminated by ISIS shrapnel at a marketplace.
2017.03.26 Nigeria Mkomon 1 0 Muslim militants shoot a Christian in the head as he is on a swimming trip.
2017.03.25 Iraq Mosul 4 6 Four civilians are taken out by a Mujahideen car bomb.
2017.03.25 Mali Ouélessbougou 3 0 At least three others are killed by Jihadis in two attacks targeting transport buses.
2017.03.25 Bangladesh Sylhet 6 50 A half-dozen people at an apartment building are laid out by Jamayetul Mujahideen bombers.
2017.03.25 Egypt al-Arish 1 0 An Islamic sniper picks off a policeman at a checkpoint.
2017.03.25 Egypt al-Arish 3 6 Three security personnel lose their lives to an Islamic State roadside bomb.
2017.03.25 Mali Almoustarat 3 4 Suspected Muslim radicals machine-gun three people.
2017.03.24 Chechnya Naurskaya 6 3 Islamic State militants stage a suicide attack on a Russian base, killing six defenders.
2017.03.24 Somalia Mogadishu 5 10 An Islamist car bomb outside a hotel leaves one dead.
2017.03.24 Iraq Yarmouk 20 0 Nine women are among twenty civilians executed for trying to flee the caliphate.
2017.03.24 Iraq Mosul 12 6 The Islamic State fires shells into a neighborhood, killing a dozen residents.
2017.03.23 Iraq Wadi Akab 3 0 Three women are burned alive by the Islamic State for refusing to executed fellow civilians.
2017.03.23 Egypt Sinai 10 7 Islamic roadside blasts take out ten security personnel.
2017.03.23 Yemen Abyan 1 3 A boy is killed when al-Qaeda target a family vehicle with an RPG.
2017.03.23 Somalia Barawe 17 22 al-Shabaab claims an attack that left seventeen others dead.
2017.03.22 England London 4 29 A Muslim man mows down pedestrians on a bridge, killing a teacher, tourist and an elderly man, before stabbing a police officer to death.
2017.03.22 Afghanistan Spinzar 9 0 Nine local cops are assassinated by Taliban gunmen.
2017.03.22 Syria Tasil 1 0 A man is tied up and shot to death for 'cursing Allah'.
2017.03.22 Iraq Mosul 13 35 Thirteen residents are crushed beneath a barrage of ISIS mortars.
2017.03.22 Nigeria Muna 13 20 Four suicide bombers attack a refugee camp, killing thirteen people.
2017.03.21 India Muzaffarnagar 1 0 A conservative Muslims slits his 15-year-old daughter's throat after catching her with a boy.
2017.03.21 Iraq Hamrin 5 4 A bomb targeting families fleeing the caliphate picks off five members.
2017.03.21 Somalia Mogadishu 10 15 At least ten innocents are claimed by a Fedayeen suicide car bomber.
2017.03.21 Egypt Sinai 3 2 Three civilians are imploded in their own car by an Islamist bomb blast.
2017.03.21 Afghanistan Greshk 14 6 A suicide bomber rams a checkpoint, taking fourteen lives.
2017.03.21 Italy Foggia 0 1 A Muslim 'migrant' attempts to rams his car into police, then attacks officers with a knife.
2017.03.20 Nigeria Zaki Biam 20 0 Suspected Fulani terrorists massacre at least twenty villagers.
2017.03.20 Iraq Baghdad 23 45 Two dozen innocents are blown to bits by an ISIS car bomb attack in a Shiite neighborhood.
2017.03.20 Iraq Baghdad 2 5 Two bombs, one at a market, produce two dead Iraqis.
2017.03.20 Pakistan Sheikhupura 1 0 A young Christian is shot to death by Muslim extremists after refusing to work on Sunday.
2017.03.19 Nigeria Oshugu 2 0 Muslims attack a church and kill two worshippers.
2017.03.19 Afghanistan Tiran Kot 3 4 Three local security personnel are brutally machine-gunned by Taliban fundamentalists.
2017.03.18 France Paris 0 0 A man 'here to die for Allah' is gunned down by airport security as he tries to snatch a weapon.
2017.03.18 Iraq Dainiya 2 3 Terrorists claim two lives with an IED.
2017.03.18 Nigeria Maiduguri 4 8 A mother and her two children are among four wiped out by three Religion of Peace suicide bombers.
2017.03.18 Iraq Mosul 24 0 A mass grave is discovered containing the remains of two dozen Islamic State victims, including children.
2017.03.18 Cameroon Soueram 2 0 A Boko Haram attack leaves two dead.
2017.03.17 Pakistan Landikotal 2 4 A group advocating Sharia fires on border guards, killing two.
2017.03.17 Afghanistan Srkh Rod 1 0 A suicide bomber kills his own brother.
2017.03.17 Yemen Marib 34 0 Shiite rebels fire two rockets into a Sunni mosque, killing thirty-four during Friday prayers.
2017.03.17 Pakistan Charsadda 1 2 Two Shahid suicide bombers manage to kill only one other person.
2017.03.17 Afghanistan Khost 1 3 One person is laid out by a Fedayeen suicide car bomber.
2017.03.17 France Paris 2 0 A father and son's throats are slit by a family member yelling 'Allah Akbar'.
2017.03.16 Iraq Yarmouk 14 13 ISIS member send rockets into a residential neighborhood reclaimed by security forces.
2017.03.16 Bangladesh Sitakunda 1 0 A young child is blown to bits by a female suicide bomber.
2017.03.16 India South Ukkadam 1 0 An atheist is hacked to death by an angry Muslim over Facebook posts attacking religion.
2017.03.16 Iraq Riyadh 9 0 Nine civilians are executed for trying to flee the caliphate.
2017.03.16 Nigeria Ayati 5 0 A pregnant woman is among five civilians gunned down in cold blood by Fulani terrorists.
2017.03.16 Nigeria Magumeri 1 0 A local cop is killed when Boko Haram attack a small town.
2017.03.16 Thailand Pattani 1 1 Muslim terrorists fire on a pair of elderly siblings, killing the brother and injuring his sister.
2017.03.16 Syria Deir ez-Zor 1 8 Terrorists pound an apartment building with rockets, killing a woman.
2017.03.16 Sudan Abbasiya 2 0 Two children die from injuries after an attack by a group allied with the National Islamic Front.
2017.03.15 Syria Hamadaniyeh 1 3 A woman and three children are among the casualties of a Sunni rocket attack.
2017.03.15 Syria Rabweh 8 28 Eight people at a restaurant are taken out in mid-bite by a Shahid suicide bomber.
2017.03.15 Nigeria Borno 3 0 Boko Haram members recite from the Quran as they slit the throats of three hostages.
2017.03.15 Iraq Tikrit 11 41 Religion of Peace advocates set off a car bomb along a street packed with medical clinics.
2017.03.15 India Hyhama 1 1 A minor girl is killed when Lashkar-e-Toiba members open fire on a security patrol.
2017.03.15 Nigeria Maiduguri 2 16 Four female suicide bombers kill two people in a residential area.
2017.03.15 Syria Damascus 31 102 Thirty-one innocents at a courthouse are reduced to bloody pulp by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
2017.03.15 Iraq Wadi Hajar 17 0 Seventeen civilians are kidnapped and executed by the Islamic State.
2017.03.15 Iraq Mosul 4 0 A suicide bomber in a bulldozer plows through a barricade and takes out four.
2017.03.14 Syria Homs 1 2 Terrorists bomb a bus, killing one passenger.
2017.03.14 Iraq Hawija 9 0 Children are among nine Iraqis burned alive for trying to flee the caliphate.
2017.03.14 Afghanistan Kamarkulagh 1 0 An imam is gunned down in his mosque by Religion of Peace rivals.
2017.03.13 Iraq Mosul 8 5 Children are among the casualties of an ISIS bomb blast.
2017.03.13 Bangladesh Dinajpur 2 0 A Sufi leader and his teen daughter are hacked to death by Sunni fundamentalists.
2017.03.13 Somalia Mogadishu 1 2 One other person is left dead after a suicide bomb blast.
2017.03.13 Somalia Mogadishu 13 14 A Shahid suicide bomber detonates in front of a hotel, claiming thirteen innocents.
2017.03.13 Afghanistan Kabul 1 19 A woman loses her life when Taliban bombers target a bus carrying telecom workers.
2017.03.13 India Pulwama 1 0 A villager is abducted and killed by Islamic extremists.
2017.03.13 Mali Fafa 4 2 A Jihadist attack leaves four dead, including civilians.
2017.03.13 Thailand Raman 1 0 Two Muslim terrorists walk into a grocery and shoot the 47-year-old owner to death.
2017.03.12 Tunisia Kebili 1 3 An imam is among four radicals who ambush a police car, killing one member.
2017.03.12 Syria Daraa 1 3 Jabhat al-Nusra members murder a civilian.
2017.03.11 Afghanistan Nawshar 8 0 A religious extremist poisons, then shoots eight local cops.
2017.03.11 Nigeria Mkgovur 10 3 Fulani terrorists raid a village, hacking and shooting innocent people.
2017.03.11 Syria Damascus 74 120 A suicide bombing is one of two blasts targeting and killing over seventy Shiites.
2017.03.10 Iraq Wadi Hajar 18 43 ISIS unleashes a vicious rocket bombardment on a residential neighborhood, taking out over eighteen civilians.
2017.03.09 Iraq Tajiyat 1 3 A civilian is disassembled by Jihadi bombers.
2017.03.09 Thailand Muang 1 0 A man on a motorcycle is ambushed and killed by Muslim terrorists.
2017.03.08 Afghanistan Kabul 50 63 Following a suicide blast, fifty people at a hospital are massacred by Islamic gunmen disguised as doctors.
2017.03.08 Kenya Lamu 1 5 Islamists kill a Kenyan border guard with an IED.
2017.03.08 Iraq Hajjaj 30 26 Dozens of people at a wedding party are shredded by two suicide bombers.
2017.03.08 Pakistan Baba Kot 1 0 A Hindu woman is hacked to death with an axe.
2017.03.08 Egypt al-Arish 2 4 A fundamentalist bomb blast at a checkpoint claims the life of two policemen.
2017.03.07 Saudi Arabia Qatif 1 0 A security officer is killed by sectarian extremists.
2017.03.07 Afghanistan Kabul 1 0 A magnetic bomb placed on a civilian car kills one.
2017.03.07 India Madhya Pradesh 0 10 ISIS members set off a bomb at a train station.
2017.03.07 Syria Deir Ezzor 14 0 At least fourteen Syrians are killed during an ISIS attack on a cemetery.
2017.03.06 Iraq Yarmouk 50 0 A mass grave containing fifty victims of ISIS execution is discovered.
2017.03.06 India Roorkee 1 0 A 23-year-old woman is strangled by her own mother and sisters on suspicion of sexual activity.
2017.03.06 Iraq Mosul 4 29 Four civilians choke to death during an ISIS gas attack.
2017.03.06 Iraq Kirkuk 8 0 Eight civilians are executed for helping families flee the caliphate.
2017.03.06 Afghanistan Achin 4 5 Islamic supremacists massacre four local cops.
2017.03.05 Niger Wanzarbe 4 0 Jihadists murder four police officer.
2017.03.05 Pakistan Kohat 2 0 Two men are honor killed by their respective in-laws for 'bringing shame' to the family.
2017.03.05 Iraq Daquq 20 0 The bodies of twenty Kurdish victims of the Islamic State are found in a mass grave.
2017.03.05 Pakistan Mohmand 5 0 Tehreek-e-Taliban members attack several checkpoints, killing five security members.
2017.03.05 Iraq Mosul 43 0 Forty-three people are executed for violating rules in the Islamic State.
2017.03.05 Afghanistan Kunduz 6 0 Six Afghan security personnel are machine-gunned by Sunni hardliners.
2017.03.05 Syria Aleppo 15 32 At least fifteen people are killed by two suicide bombers.
2017.03.05 Mali Boulekessi 11 5 Jihadists ambush a local security convoy and massacre fifteen soldiers.
2017.03.05 Yemen Sinjibar 6 0 al-Qaeda members open fire along a city street, taking down six people.
2017.03.04 Iraq Baghdad 6 0 Fundamentalists gun down six at a brothel, including four women.
2017.03.04 Afghanistan Faryab 1 1 One local cop is killed by Taliban bombers.
2017.03.04 Pakistan Shabqadar 1 0 Sharia activists assassinate a secular lawyer.
2017.03.04 Syria Safsafia 3 2 Three children are disassembled by a Jabhat al-Nusra rocket.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest you look through many of his newsletters and you will quickly find pictures similar to this. Pictures of dead or exploded muslims to prove a political point. He might even have the pictures of his friends being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu to prove a point. I know I've seen them numerous times.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Again, this thread is about some murderous cowards bombing innocent people (likely in the name of an archaic bullshit, pedophile worshipping cult) and all fucking ostriches keep barking at me.

The thread was supposed to be about a metro bombing in St. Petersburg, but you deliberately derailed it with a meme photo with severed heads. Now you're whining like a bitch because people didn't think your meme was funny, or particularly informative, or really pertinent to the main subject.

No ostriches in here, just people who don't worship at the shrine of Duffy.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I just asked.

And Mrs Duffy?

I'm not giving you grief on this. That should have been clear. Disagreeing on what people may or may not find insensitive is not giving you grief. Of course we're not the same. No two people are. There's more overlap than you think though. I'm just not as outspoken.

Also, you using an image of your own child is different to random people using other peoples family publicly to make a point.

To Forge - your soldier buddies are battle hardened and used to it. Would the immediate family be as casual about it? I think that's the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.bbc.com/...orld-europe-39486640

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other than bringing the thread back on track, I'm not sure if the link is meant to have other meaning to anything we've discussed?

In my opinion, there are various levels of reporting on terrorism stories and portraying the degree of violence. Professional news outlets have varying degrees of censorship, right up to the images you originally portrayed, but they nearly always accompany a story and aren't pushing an agenda. It leaves it up to the individual.

The origins of memes centered around humour/black humour. That it's been extended to serious topics doesn't mean the story retains the respect that it deserves. It's lazy story telling (which is fine for jokes). But when dead people are shown it's using their demise for a quick rise, which many (I'd say most) people find disrespectful. Most images 'get a pass' when the individual can't be identified.

In this case I'd still argue that supporters still don't care because the victims are Middle Eastern. Our sensitivities are low because it's a world away. It's the region western society is most heavily in conflict with. This ho-hum attitude begins to change as it reaches our front door. For example I imagine there'd be a high level of outrage if an anti-gun type showed a Sandy Hook child with head blown off in a meme pushing gun control. The same message can be suitably conveyed with much less confronting images. As can your message. We all know beheadings are occurring. Blurred out images leave me no less outraged, but as you point out we're all different.

You might be fine showing Duffy Jnr in such a light, due to rage. But would Mrs Duffy be happy with you for doing so? Is that really how you would like the public to remember someone so special to you and your extended family? I'm sorry for using your family as an example. I hope you all live long, happy lives, but the point being made is that on an individual level, family will in most instances be horribly traumatised that the passing of their loved ones is being trivialized by strangers to get a rise from other strangers. If you don't understand or appreciate that then so be it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Moscow (CNN)The St. Petersburg metro attack was carried out by a suicide bomber, the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister has said.

Kyrgyz authorities had earlier identified Akbarjon Djalilov, a Russian national born in Kyrgyzstan, as a suspect in the blast that ripped through a train in Russia's second city on Monday afternoon.

http://www.cnn.com/...rg-russia-explosion/

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next