Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sooooo was PV decision final? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:
I can't help but notice that you're really emotionally invested in this situation.

Which one of us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one thing that will destroy any forum is personal attacks.
That's pretty much the rub of it.

I don't really care about personal attacks myself as it usually means that the person who disagrees with me has no means to show why his opinion is right and mine is wrong.
As soon as the personal attacks come out, you have won the debate.

I just don't understand why he came out flying with personal attacks in the first post of a thread.
He was obviously trying to provoke discussion, but the attacks just kill the thread dead if anybody responds.

I generally enjoy his threads and posts, but yep, the last one was over the limit and not just by a little.
Quote Reply
Re: Sooooo was PV decision final? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
walie wrote:
I can't help but notice that you're really emotionally invested in this situation.

Which one of us.

You
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
walie wrote:

Which one of us.

You

Oh.no not all. Just enjoying the conversation. We can always debate politics if someone on here is dumb enough to try and defend Trump 😁
Quote Reply
Re: Sooooo was PV decision final? [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bring him back for what purpose? So he can run his mouth (fingers) again? He knew what he was doing, don't poke the bear and bitch when you get bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
stephenj wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I have to really disagree with your post. To say people followed him because he was a bully it's comical at least from where I'm sitting. I enjoy this post because it made me laugh like crazy and he did in fact point out some interesting things. You may not have liked his style and it may have offend you. For some of us this website not only offers great insight into products and help with questions we have being new to a sport but it also offers some amount of comedic relief. PV on a couple of occasions answered questions I had which helped me make decisions on specific products. But to say that I somehow followed his post because I needed his approval or wanted to be part of the In Crowd or somehow associate with someone who is bullying someone else is comical in and of itself. His posts are funny and the fact that it got other people As spun up as they were is equally funny

Im not sure that I would classify my assessment is comical based on your description...your reply exemplifies a defensive tone; and my intention was not to offend those that enjoy watching someone else being beaten without justification to create an air of fear around those who might contradict them (because it feels crappy to have someone tell you that they think you suck...rightfully or not). If you did not follow his postings for these reasons, then I was not referring to you so there is no need for any defensiveness. I have seen this pattern before in groups of children as well in my own life; and when I see it I say something. If you have children, I am sure that you have witnessed it as well (it is not hard to pick out). To mock those who were treated poorly by another individual who exhibited bullying on numerous occasions here in this forum is just not very cool. Not really skin off my back, but I will also not just say it is 'OK' to be that way with silence.

Stephen J

It is blatantly clear to me that we view this topic completely differently except for neither of us thinks it's ok to be a bully.( Unless my definition of bullying is way off.) My response doesn't sound defensive to me.( Nor was it) But I do find it comical when people are so easily offended.Sorry. My sense of humor is diff from yours​. People are great at sitting behind a keyboard and firing off things that they no will piss people off. And the people who get offended keep coming back for more. That is a social experiment in it's self. The only people on here who deserve to be treated poorly are the one's who treat new people like crap for being new. ( That's diff from hazing). If PV was doing that and I missed it than that's on me. The problem with texting​/ posting ext is you can't see or feel the emotion behind it. Some intense people ( myself included) can come off harsh when it's not.

That's very fair to say. I can see that.

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
....It is blatantly clear to me that we view this topic completely differently except for neither of us thinks it's ok to be a bully.( Unless my definition of bullying is way off.) My response doesn't sound defensive to me.( Nor was it) But I do find it comical when people are so easily offended.Sorry. My sense of humor is diff from yours​. People are great at sitting behind a keyboard and firing off things that they no will piss people off. And the people who get offended keep coming back for more. That is a social experiment in it's self. The only people on here who deserve to be treated poorly are the one's who treat new people like crap for being new. ( That's diff from hazing). If PV was doing that and I missed it than that's on me. The problem with texting​/ posting ext is you can't see or feel the emotion behind it. Some intense people ( myself included) can come off harsh when it's not.

I don't get it.

Your version of what's acceptable seems very confused/confusing to me. Perhaps you can clarify.
Here's how I read your position:

It's not okay to treat new people poorly for being new. Those who do this are the only one's who deserve to be "treated poorly".
Others treating people poorly don't deserve to be "treated poorly" themselves - since they're not in the special, picking on new people for being new, category.
So there are people being "treating poorly" who you think don't deserve it and yet those treating them poorly don't deserve to be censured via "poor treatment" themselves.

So, here's why I'm confused. When you speak of the select group who deserve to be treated poorly, are you referring to mob justice of some sort or do you mean moderation? If mob justice, I'd call this bullying, which you don't approve of. If moderation, I wouldn't call that poor treatment, I'd call it forum management.
Either way your position seems extremely inconsistent to me. With the exception of your new guy clause - posters don't deserve to be abused and yet their tormentors should not be censured....and you don't agree with bullying.

Have I got this wrong?
Last edited by: Ai_1: Apr 3, 17 9:22
Quote Reply
Re: Sooooo was PV decision final? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Did he have a "following"?"

yes. he did. he doesn't any longer. i'll probably end up letting kileyay back on the forum, resuscitating the kileyay (PV's original screen name) account, on a very short leash. he'll arrive back wondering where his followers went. he got those folks banned, users who were edified by his provocations and upon his banning became nothing more than angry, mean-spirited bullies. there are a couple of his "followers" left who may or may not remain here depending on how they comport themselves forward-going.

Don't.

Of all the "golden rules," one that makes a lot of sense to me: "what would the world look like if EVERYONE acted the way I do?" An ST forum with all PVs would be a nightmare. Imagining that is enough for me to not want PV as a member of the community.
Quote Reply
Re: Sooooo was PV decision final? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
....It is blatantly clear to me that we view this topic completely differently except for neither of us thinks it's ok to be a bully.( Unless my definition of bullying is way off.) My response doesn't sound defensive to me.( Nor was it) But I do find it comical when people are so easily offended.Sorry. My sense of humor is diff from yours​. People are great at sitting behind a keyboard and firing off things that they no will piss people off. And the people who get offended keep coming back for more. That is a social experiment in it's self. The only people on here who deserve to be treated poorly are the one's who treat new people like crap for being new. ( That's diff from hazing). If PV was doing that and I missed it than that's on me. The problem with texting​/ posting ext is you can't see or feel the emotion behind it. Some intense people ( myself included) can come off harsh when it's not.

I don't get it.

Your version of what's acceptable seems very confused/confusing to me. Perhaps you can clarify.
Here's how I read your position:

It's not okay to treat new people poorly for being new. Those who do this are the only one's who deserve to be "treated poorly".
Others treating people poorly don't deserve to be "treated poorly" themselves - since they're not in the special, picking on new people for being new, category.
So there are people being "treating poorly" who you think don't deserve it and yet those treating them poorly don't deserve to be censured via "poor treatment" themselves.

So, here's why I'm confused. When you speak of the select group who deserve to be treated poorly, are you referring to mob justice of some sort or do you mean moderation? If mob justice, I'd call this bullying, which you don't approve of. If moderation, I wouldn't call that poor treatment, I'd call it forum management.
Either way your position seems extremely inconsistent to me. With the exception of your new guy clause - posters don't deserve to be abused and yet their tormentors should not be censured....and you don't agree with bullying.

Have I got this wrong?

Nope. Your right on the money đŸ»
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read through this whole thread and the one thing that is missing is his motive. Kiley's rants to me were fine, but they escalated with each one being more personal and directed.

I have wondered what stake he has in doing this ? Other than just being narcissistic.
Quote Reply
Re: Sooooo was PV decision final? [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blaxxuede wrote:
Read through this whole thread and the one thing that is missing is his motive. Kiley's rants to me were fine, but they escalated with each one being more personal and directed.

I have wondered what stake he has in doing this ? Other than just being narcissistic.

I would guess that only he knows his motives If there really were any. Maybe he just wanted to stir the pot and see what would happen
Quote Reply

Prev Next