Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hardware VPN, easy to use
Quote | Reply
Now that the Trumpster is going to allow ISP's access into watching us more, is there any good hardware (assume hw in router?) VPN's that are simple to setup and use? If not a good sw one, appears to be tons out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Hardware VPN, easy to use [keepcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keepcycling wrote:
Now that the Trumpster is going to allow ISP's access into watching us more, is there any good hardware (assume hw in router?) VPN's that are simple to setup and use? If not a good sw one, appears to be tons out there.

I have been using a software VPN for quite a while now. It is a simple utility one starts up when one wants to use it. Sometimes it is a bit slow, but, most of the time it is fine. My understanding is one can set up their cable modem to use a VPN but I haven't looked into it yet. It is now on my to do list.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have setup/used many different VPNs for work. In that case you have a local vpn client and connect to the VPN service at the company you work for. The traffic between is all encrypted.

It should be similar for personal use, there are VPN services you can get which will hide your ip and promise privacy. I don't have one of these, but I suspect they give you the vpn software they prefer you use. All the traffic would be encrypted to the VPN service which then accesses the internet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
keepcycling wrote:

Check out ipvanish. Thast the vpn I use. I only use the clients though. Never tried to set it up on my router. If setting it upon your router is too difficult they provide links for routers that you can purchase that are pre-loaded with it.
Quote Reply