Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlete Tiny House
Quote | Reply
Katie and Tommy Zaferes custom-designed 370 square feet mini-home was featured on Tiny House Nation last week, not sure I could do it, but seems like a great idea and design…..Wonder what it costs?

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/Multimedia/Photo-Gallery/Zaferes-Tiny-House?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Tiny House [Kingfisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they said the budget for the house was $58,000 ... pretty awesome. You can view the entire episode on YouTube - definitely great watching for any triathlete (and others).
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Tiny House [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5430tri wrote:
I believe they said the budget for the house was $58,000 ... pretty awesome. You can view the entire episode on YouTube - definitely great watching for any triathlete (and others).

Do you have a link to the episode? I can't find it
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Tiny House [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Tiny House [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
5430tri wrote:

Do you have a link to the episode? I can't find it

I LOVE THIS SHOW! awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Tiny House [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given that it's Santa Cruz, the $58K house is the starting point. The money is in the dirt, not the sticks.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Tiny House [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends who you know that keeps their mouth shut and lets you 'park' / 'store' your trailer...

Isn't that what this is all about?

Don't start down this road unless you know people who let you do this or at least are supportive. No curious neighbors! LOL!

If in California, the city/county finds out you actually live there, you're in trouble.....and so is your 'landlord'.

Otherwise, why do it in the first place?

Titanflexr wrote:
Given that it's Santa Cruz, the $58K house is the starting point. The money is in the dirt, not the sticks.
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 3, 17 0:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kingfisher wrote:
Katie and Tommy Zaferes custom-designed 370 square feet mini-home was featured on Tiny House Nation last week, not sure I could do it, but seems like a great idea and design…..Wonder what it costs?

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/Multimedia/Photo-Gallery/Zaferes-Tiny-House?

In ten years there are going to be an awful lot of huge, well appointed dog houses available on the market

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Tiny House [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In ten years there are going to be an awful lot of huge, well appointed dog houses available on the market

That's funny.

I've personally known two couples that have gone this route and internet known a few others. All of them loved it at first but after a couple of years reality set in and they each moved to larger houses (although still much smaller by US standards). This might actually work out much better for Tommy and Katie though as they travel so much (said 9mo's a year during the show) this would be more of a home-base to come back to from time to time rather than something they live in 24/7 365 days a year.
Quote Reply