Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When the price of an olympic distance race goes from $115 to $189 during online registration. Whats the largest price jump you've seen?
Quote | Reply
Last night I wanted to register early for the Montreal ITU race in August and thought it was a great price. After the Triathlon Quebec one-day license, Triathlon Canada fees, registration fees, and taxes the price jumped almost $75! Race shirt costs extra too. Thats just way too much of a jump for my sanity. I'll consider another race in August like Wasaga or K-town tri.

Question: Whats the largest set of add-on fees you've seen at a race? (not including ITU world champs uniform fee thing)
Quote Reply
Re: When the price of an olympic distance race goes from $115 to $189 during online registration. Whats the largest price jump you've seen? [natewalsh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a race, but wife bought tickets to a concert. Ticket was $19. After ticketmaster fees and whatever else, it ended up being $37.

I'm like you...I'd rather not participate in a race if fees cost as much as the race itself.
Quote Reply
Re: When the price of an olympic distance race goes from $115 to $189 during online registration. Whats the largest price jump you've seen? [natewalsh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't remember the exact $ amount, but Escape from Alcatraz two years ago has to be the winner.
Quote Reply