Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims
Quote | Reply
I know, I know, yet another tire thread...

I have the choice between the GP Supersonic (new version) and Vittoria Corsa Speed for an upcoming half ironman (Santa Rosa). I'm running a HED Jet+ 6/9 combo. Which tire combination do you think would be the fastest? The choices are both Supersonic, both Corsa, or a combo of the two (probably Supersonic front with Corsa rear). For reference, I'm an age grouper that plans to go for a 2:30-2:40 bike split.
Quote Reply
Re: GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims [narcomoeba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
narcomoeba wrote:
I know, I know, yet another tire thread...

I have the choice between the GP Supersonic (new version) and Vittoria Corsa Speed for an upcoming half ironman (Santa Rosa). I'm running a HED Jet+ 6/9 combo. Which tire combination do you think would be the fastest? The choices are both Supersonic, both Corsa, or a combo of the two (probably Supersonic front with Corsa rear). For reference, I'm an age grouper that plans to go for a 2:30-2:40 bike split.

You are splittings hair IMO. Both will be perfectly acceptable solutions IMO.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, then Supersonic it is. That Corsa tire is a major pain to take on and off even with levers. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I agree. I doubt there's a huge difference and both will be fast.
Quote Reply
Re: GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lanierb wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I agree. I doubt there's a huge difference and both will be fast.

But yes, it would be great if we could get some data on how exactly the new Supersonic rolls.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

You are splittings hair IMO.

Did someone hack Gerlach's account? Maybe Pubes? Splitting hairs over really fast tires (like checking manufacture date on Supersonics to get the really fast ones) is what we do here!
Quote Reply
Re: GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims [narcomoeba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Put the Corsa on the rear. The Supersonics I tested were the new ones and they rolled quite slow. I don't trust Continental, so I never ride a tire of theirs that I haven't tested on the rollers first.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you buying these tires? I don't see the corsa speed TLR anywhere and how do you know you're getting the "new" supersonics? Thanks :)
Quote Reply
Re: GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims [fastskiguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersonics from starbike.com: http://www.starbike.com/...ix-Supersonic-974-en

I know it's the new one because it is not completely smooth.

Corsa from probikekit.com:

https://m.probikekit.com/...760791749.1488090495
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
But yes, it would be great if we could get some data on how exactly the new Supersonic rolls.

x2

Yes, especially to get some numbers for how the new SS rolls compared to the old (most recent) SS ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
narcomoeba wrote:
Supersonics from starbike.com: http://www.starbike.com/...ix-Supersonic-974-en

I know it's the new one because it is not completely smooth.

Corsa from probikekit.com:

https://m.probikekit.com/...760791749.1488090495
]\

Thankyou Sir!
Quote Reply
Re: GP Supersonic (new version) vs Vittoria Corsa Speed on HED Jet+ rims [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
Put the Corsa on the rear. The Supersonics I tested were the new ones and they rolled quite slow. I don't trust Continental, so I never ride a tire of theirs that I haven't tested on the rollers first.

Quite slow compared to the Corsa??? what other conti tires have u been treating. How repeatable are your numbers? And do you publish in .Crr?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
jens wrote:

Quite slow compared to the Corsa??? what other conti tires have u been treating. How repeatable are your numbers? And do you publish in .Crr?

See this thread.
Quote Reply