Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow, strike that, next couple of months. I-85 collapsed [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nahhhh, schools and neighborhood are good here. Plus it makes my wife's commute easier.
Granted, I'm only about 10-12 miles from work as is.
They may have a section of paved bike paths finished before the interstate is repaired. Then I'll be able to ride almost the whole way to work on nice bike paths.
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow, strike that, next couple of months. I-85 collapsed [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Have you considered moving closer to your job?

I never understood going to work to the same place everyday yet living where you needed to drive to get there...

I'd love to live close to my work. However, the house prices in this particular area are insane. So I drive 45 minutes.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I never understood going to work to the same place everyday yet living where you needed to drive to get there...

My office is in an industrial park. I don't want to live in an industrial park.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow, strike that, next couple of months. I-85 collapsed [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I'd love to live close to my work. However, the house prices in this particular area are insane. So I drive 45 minutes.
Cheapskate
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow, strike that, next couple of months. I-85 collapsed [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Duffy wrote:

My office is in an industrial park. I don't want to live in an industrial park.

But it would be so hipster. Plus, think of the property value increase when the area is gentrified.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow. I-85 collapsed [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
len wrote:
They cancelled school because of a bridge collapse?

Snowflakes.

Well, the school was under the bridge, so....

(Pink)

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow. I-85 collapsed [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
only if you drive an orange 1969 Charger
Buses are also good at clearing missing bridge segments.
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow. I-85 collapsed [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
Well, that wasn't too bad. Regular 30 minute commute turned into 45 minutes with a stop off for pastry and a coffee. (shout-out to the best bakery in the ATL, Alon's Bakery)
Thanks goodness I already know all the backroads and backroads of the backroads.

As for getting through Atlanta, as someone said above, you well probably just go around 285 then I-575 to 75South, assuming you are headed for central FL, if the PanHandle you would keep going around until you hit 85South.

The collapse happened on the 85 North bound section, but the South bound is currently closed. i think they are waiting for smoke to clear or inspecting the southbound side to make sure of no damage. It will probably be open by Sunday and you won't have to do 285 and you can just come right through town heading south. But just in case be prepared to take 285.

Worse thing about this whole situation is having to console a crying Kindergartener this morning. Dumb school system cancelled school(even though city of Atlanta schools stayed open) and he was suppose to have a field trip to the zoo today.

Nope, they are tearing the whole thing down in both directions.

But everyone knows this is a false-flag operation because fire can't destroy steel and concrete structures. This was a controlled demolition! Open your eyes and educate yourselves sheeple!!!
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow. I-85 collapsed [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I saw that in a movie once.

Bumble Bee wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
only if you drive an orange 1969 Charger

Buses are also good at clearing missing bridge segments.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow, strike that, next couple of months. I-85 collapsed [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like y'all got fucked over by a crack head...

http://www.msn.com/...amp;ocid=mailsignout

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I left Saturday evening and hit Atlanta around 7:00 PM. My GPS has live traffic, so it took me on 285-E. I didn't have any problems.
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow, strike that, next couple of months. I-85 collapsed [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drove to the beach this afternoon.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Sucks to be you.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: My commutes going to suck tomorrow, strike that, next couple of months. I-85 collapsed [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Sucks to be you.

It has its moments.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next