Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SL Statement from Managing Director, Michael D'Hulst
Quote | Reply
https://superleaguetriathlon.com/news?post_id=226

As Super League Triathlon grows we will roll out multiple tiers with the Super League Triathlon Championship League featuring the best-of-the-best, battling it out for season contracts and against a tough relegation system. We are committed to creating pathways into the Championship League via a Qualifying League for aspiring professionals worldwide.

We are very happy with the support we’ve received from the triathlon community and are motivated that all our hard work is appreciated. We nurture the constructive feedback many gave us. Super League Triathlon is very much a start-up made possible with the support and guidance of a few motivated and passionate individuals wanting to give back to the sport and invite everybody to step up and help us.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Mar 29, 17 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: SL Statement from Managing Director, Michael D'Hulst [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had similar qualification races for the Formula1 series in Australia in the 90's early 2000's.

I would definitely be interested in racing a similar format as an age-grouper (may even get me out of triathlon retirement)!
Quote Reply
Re: SL Statement from Managing Director, Michael D'Hulst [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The very first Nike series that kicked it all off in Australia was simply somebody come along and asked you if you wanted to compete or you were sent a letter.
I was approached at the end of a sprint race and handed a letter and was asked to reply within 4 days?.

The terms were that you must stay in the sponsors motel.
You must attend every race in the various cities.
If you finished top 10 you had your accommodation funded as well as your travel.
If you didn't, then you had to pay for it all yourself.

I declined as it can get bloody expensive traveling from state to state staying in posh motels if you don't finish well in every race.
Quote Reply