Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fajardo, Puerto Rico Bike Rentals?
Quote | Reply
Will be staying at Las Casitas Villas in Fajardo, PR this July.
Anyone know of a bike rental nearby?
Also- even if there is one ..........are there any SAFE routes to ride from Fajardo?
I want to try and get at least one ride in while there and then perhaps another full day excursion with the family ........................
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Fajardo, Puerto Rico Bike Rentals? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
Will be staying at Las Casitas Villas in Fajardo, PR this July.
Anyone know of a bike rental nearby?
Also- even if there is one ..........are there any SAFE routes to ride from Fajardo?
I want to try and get at least one ride in while there and then perhaps another full day excursion with the family ........................
Thanks!

This link is a little dated, but might be of interest to you.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/...ike-Puerto_Rico.html

I visited Fajardo 2x in 2015, and the roads did not seem very bike friendly. Often no shoulders, debris on the shoulders and lots of rough/pot holes. I would not bike on route 3 at all, even though the link above mentions it and I did see some cyclists (mainly for transportation vs exercise) on that road.
Quote Reply
Re: Fajardo, Puerto Rico Bike Rentals? [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks .............
Looking at your post and all of the posts on TripAdvisor, I may have to find something other than biking to do.
I'll research a little further and see what I can come up with though.
Really wanted to get a ride in while away but was hoping for a more scenic "laid back" ride thru a park area or something near Fajardo.
Not sure that's going to be possible.
Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I visited Fajardo in 2001ish. Worst traffic I had ever seen. I drove all over the island and was just stunned. GF would not even drive the car. If I was going to bike, I would want to ride the road that leads to the Arecibo radio telescope. It is like a really long driveway. There were a few roads in El Yunque rain forest that might be fun.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with others....biking anywhere on the big Island is pretty terrifying....
Quote Reply