Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orgasm Gap
Quote | Reply
This “orgasm gap” has been explained as an outcome of societal forces that implicitly put men’s pleasure ahead of women’s.
Full Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...7b1ae4b0e6062d922ffe
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? Don't people have better things to do with their time?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Mar 28, 17 15:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just personally, I'd rather see the Lady pleased than myself. But that just might be me.

However, what I think the more interesting thing is here, is that someone was paid to research this...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, I offered to help them out but they said no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not in my universe....
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
Not in my universe....

Why is that? Are you that much of a super stud pleasing all women that none of them would ever consider this? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:
Just personally, I'd rather see the Lady pleased than myself. But that just might be me.

there is a separate forum for the womans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
This “orgasm gap” has been explained as an outcome of societal forces that implicitly put men’s pleasure ahead of women’s.

Yeah but think how far we've come in the last century or so. At least women now know that orgasm is a thing for them, and no longer end up with "hysteria" that has to be taken care of by a doctor (which led to the creation of the first vibrators).
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:

However, what I think the more interesting thing is here, is that someone was paid to research this...

Well there's paid and then there's paid to do research. Do we know if this was a funded study?

Never mind, I see this isn't even a study just summarizing and editorializing based on prior work.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Mar 29, 17 4:53
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha... maybe by default. I'm not a millennial snowflake so not easily triggered. : ) No such thing as a quicky for me. Plus if there is any doubt by body language and self proclamation... I simply ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm certainly for women having orgasms. The more the better. However, while male orgasms are necessary for procreation women's orgasms aren't. It is true that women's orgasms increase fertility but the amount isn't huge. My first wife was an orgasm fiend. She could have an orgasm without going south of the boarder from just nipple stimulation. I never saw a woman who could have orgasms as easily as she could and they kept coming until she had to stop from exhaustion. The orgasm gap in that relationship certainly went the other way, she had many more than I did. My wife now takes more work. In fact she told me not to kill myself because she doesn't even want an orgasm every time we make love because it is too much work for her as well as me.
The referenced orgasm gap isn't necessarily an indication of societal priorities; it could be simple biology. Women don't have as many orgasms because from an evolutionary point of view they aren't necessary and women don't necessarily want as many orgasms as men do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
The orgasm gap is a great example of ideology severely warping the results of science for its own purposes.
Why would jounalists want to distort? I leave that to the reader.
Why wouldn't scientists loudly protest? I leave that also to the reader.
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [outerlimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's important to remember that's some sort of promotional piece. It contains some statements that I don't think are likely to be true, like "women are just as likely to climax through masturbation as are men", which doesn't seem all that likely given that a fairly significant minority of women have never had an orgasm.
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
I think it's important to remember that's some sort of promotional piece. It contains some statements that I don't think are likely to be true, like "women are just as likely to climax through masturbation as are men", which doesn't seem all that likely given that a fairly significant minority of women have never had an orgasm.

Also known as "TheForge's conquests".

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a different issue, that's women who don't orgasm because the guy they are with sucks in bed.
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Koala Bear wrote:

there is a separate forum for the womans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNScomht1ak

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to this it's bad for men to make a woman orgasm because men like to make women orgasm...

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/...love-female-orgasms/

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Orgasm Gap [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
According to this it's bad for men to make a woman orgasm because men like to make women orgasm...

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/...love-female-orgasms/

The way I read it is that it's bad if it makes you feel like you've accomplished something, apparently. It has to be all about her pleasure. For fuck's sake why can't it be both? God forbid both people feel good about it.
Quote Reply