Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roger Stone
Quote | Reply
I met this guy a couple times. Threw an awesome hotel room party like something out of college at an LPF convention. He was toying with running for Florida Senator. Opened the door in an eye patch. This line here pretty much sums him up.

Stone has carefully nurtured a reputation as a distinct American political character who’s part-Bart Simpson, part-Sauron, with a little bit of each side of Patrick Bateman from “American Psycho.” Some of what he says he’s known and done is true. Some isn’t. He delights in talking to reporters, confusing them about which is which.

http://www.politico.com/...have-no-proof-236526

I think deep down inside, most political operatives of a certain mindset strive to follow his lead.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I met this guy a couple times. Threw an awesome hotel room party like something out of college at an LPF convention. He was toying with running for Florida Senator. Opened the door in an eye patch. This line here pretty much sums him up.

Stone has carefully nurtured a reputation as a distinct American political character who’s part-Bart Simpson, part-Sauron, with a little bit of each side of Patrick Bateman from “American Psycho.” Some of what he says he’s known and done is true. Some isn’t. He delights in talking to reporters, confusing them about which is which.

I think deep down inside, most political operatives of a certain mindset strive to follow his lead.

Roger Stone is pleading the fifth. If only The Forge was still here to get his take on recent developments.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Roger Stone is pleading the fifth. If only The Forge was still here to get his take on recent developments.

Did you read the last line? He said (and has said in every interview that I have heard) he will not because he has nothing to hide. I got to give him credit, he is not going down without a fight and is not going to roll over.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Did you read the last line? He said (and has said in every interview that I have heard) he will not because he has nothing to hide. I got to give him credit, he is not going down without a fight and is not going to roll over.

That was an old article. I guess something made him change his mind, because today he pleaded the fifth.
Quote Reply