Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Important Pro Triathlete Robbed In South Africa [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Where is she staying? What are her plans?

She is staying in West Garfield Park. They are going to the zoo and to see the Chicago Bulls play over the next few days.

She and a friend have just purchased a car and are going to spend 2-3 weeks in Chicago while the plates, registration papers and insurance come through. They will get used to driving on the wrong side of the road and then head off on a 6 month road trip until their visa runs out. I am very envious.
Quote Reply
Re: Important Pro Triathlete Robbed In South Africa [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since they intend on driving I would advise they ask the concierge at the hotel where to avoid.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Important Pro Triathlete Robbed In South Africa [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. They are staying at an Airbnb and the guys that own it have been helping them with which areas to avoid.
Quote Reply

Prev Next