Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Copenhagen Bike Rental
Quote | Reply
So I have been looking at all of the options of getting my bike to Europe and I thought I should at least look at the rental bike option, I checked the Ironman site and they do not have partner for this race that provides bikes? Any suggestions. Bike Flight is $600 each way I know that I can take my All Three Sports Box for less than that.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Copenhagen Bike Rental [joehysong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$600 each way? What airline is this? And where are you flying from?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Copenhagen Bike Rental [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no its that new company that is being promoted Bike Flight? Box and Shipping service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I'm guessing you realize this but just to be pedantic, I'll say that you could save most of that by borrowing someone's bike box packing up your bike and and bringing it yourself. If you are comfortable with that.. The most I've ever paid for one way with my bike is $200 and it's usually less.

Either way, you will love Copenhagen

-Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am an American living in London and doing Copenhagen this year. I've done the race when it was Challenge in 2012 as well. Where are you flying from? I've flown bikes to/from the US a number of times. Mostly CA (SF or LA) via Virgin Atlantic and depending on the weight, it's free to London. I believe British Airways is free as well. I use a Evoc Soft case, which has great protection and lightweight. I think the Scion's are pretty nice as well.

You could consider flying with your bike to London, then taking an Easyjet flight to/from Copenhagen (might be around €50 Euros each way for a bike). This flight is about 1 - 1.5 hours from London. I've flown my bike on Easyjet in the past and it's fine. Or depending on when you get to London, you could use Ship my tribike for €250 Euros which includes a bike service, but they take your bike around a week in advance.
http://www.shipmytribike.ie/

I'm sending my bike with Shipmytribike. Costs a bit of money, but I'm traveling with 2 kids and we are going to Sweden afterwards, so I don't want to worry about my bike.

Good luck! Great race, it's very very fast. But weather is hit or miss, could be raining.
Quote Reply