Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump's Golfing [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
The Guardian wrote:
As we know, Trump and his administration have repeatedly criticized Obama for golfing. Trump has also said, if elected, he would work all the time.

Trump has golfed every weekend since elected. He has also repeatedly lied about it.

I don't care about golfing, or if a president doesn't work 24/7, but how do Trump supporters view this?

Does the fact that the the president lies to the public in the same way that a lazy high school boy who doesn't want to do his homework does, bother you at all? Does it say something to you about his character, or do you write it off because it is a lie about something inconsequential?

Second, does the hypocrisy of trying to tear down Obama for things that Trump is now doing to a much greater extreme bother you at all? Does the logical inconsistency make you uncomfortable, or do you just consider this "politics"?

I know lying about golf is small potatoes, but it can speak to how people view the greater lies and inconsistencies, so it interests me to understand how people who like Trump view this.

To Trump supporters he's infallible, perfect, has never told a lie and can do no wrong. I honestly can't understand them.

And you could say thing about Obama or Hillary supporters. As someone who thinks that both sides are crocks and should be in jail I don't get either side. Both sides lie and their supporters have no issue with their guy doing it they just have an issue with the other side doing it. Jess Sessions lied to Congress, so he should go to jail. Yet when you point out that James Clapper lied to Congress and Obama did nothing about it they have no issue with it. The hypocrisy would be funny if this stuff wasn't so important.
Last edited by: trimick: Mar 27, 17 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you believe that Trump cares about his integrity? He has that 'just win baby' mentality.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We all have varying levels of cognitive dissonance with respect to our own behaviour

There are things we might know about ourselves but itbis easier to pretend they dont exist than to acknowledge or change them

For trump to recognise and then choose to change them would require that he recognise a whole house of cards that would bring the house down

He has never queried obama's birth, accused the clintons of being criminals and he does not even play golf. I do not know what the fuss is all about
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'just win baby'

"So much winning" :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Mar 27, 17 11:03
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need more information before I judge: What's Obama's average for 18 versus Trump's?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I need more information before I judge: What's Obama's average for 18 versus Trump's?

It doesn't really matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...5948a40f8_story.html

http://www.golf.com/...ald-trump-cheat-golf
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obama said his handicap is 13 and Trump's is 2.8 so Trump should win.

However, it would probably not surprise anyone that Trump's figure is almost certainly understated. Apparently, his most recent 20 scores (used to calculate a handicap) stretch back to 2014 and some back to 2009. There are also a few people who have claimed he cheats, one being Alice Cooper who said he won't play with him again.

However, Trump would definitely beat Obama.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
with you liberal types trying to take down the the POTUS at every chance you get.

Did you mean for your statement to be in pink?

Do any of these ring a bell?

• Birtherism
  • Kenyan Marxist
  • Founder of ISIS
  • The Most Ignorant President in History
  • Muslim communist

Not to mention the personal, overtly racist attacks on his children and the First Lady.

Is your memory so short you cannot remember all the attacks President Obama had to weather over the past 8 years?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuck off with your bullshit. Its all just noise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So it is "noise" when the GOP continually tried to tear down President Obama, but it is of great concern when the Dems point out the hypocrisy of Trump criticizing President Obama for golfing while he hits the links every weekend?

Got it.

Have a merry day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
     Hmmm, not so worried about Trump's golf vs Obama's. Maybe when he gets to well over 300 rounds like Obama, but the lying about it is just weird/strange/sick, but not surprising given what we've seen thus far of his personality.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please read the entire thread. Where did I even remotely imply it was ok for the GOP to do that. Typical bullshit by idiots who dont/can't read. You don't have anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump's handicap is a lot like Michael Jordan's ... I think they feel the need to keep a vanity cap to feel better about themselves.

I bet the match would be closer that expected if each had to play the ball down and putt everything out.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Fuck off with your bullshit. Its all just noise.

Do Trumps balls taste good?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Hmmm, not so worried about Trump's golf vs Obama's. Maybe when he gets to well over 300 rounds like Obama, but the lying about it is just weird/strange/sick, but not surprising given what we've seen thus far of his personality.

According to this Golf Digest article he played on average 38 rounds per year during his eight years in office.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/weve-crunched-the-numbers-and-its-official-president-obama-played-a-lot-of-golf-while-in-office

According to this article, Trump has been to one of his golf clubs on either 11 or 12 different days so far (as of March 25th).

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2017/03/19/how-many-times-president-donald-trump-played-golf-in-office-103836/

Since he won't tell whether he golfs or not, let's assume that he played 10 times in the first two months. That is 60 rounds per year. And that is also 11-12 trips to the golf club during what you would assume would be his busiest period as president while he's getting up to speed and trying to change so many things.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet the match would be closer that expected if each had to play the ball down and putt everything out.

I've seen his swing and he's pretty impressive, particularly for his age. There have been a number of people report on his cheating though and the Washington Post even did a story on it back in 2015. In one case, he was with a group and there was a storm delay. When they came back out, there was suddenly a ball 10' from the hole. One of his partners asked whose ball it was and the Donald said it was his. The guy told Trump that it "can't be yours, you've been hacking away in the weeds all day". Trump responded by saying that the guys he plays with cheat all the time and that "I have to cheat just to keep up with them."

The funny thing is that is perfectly consistent, blaming others when things go wrong. When Trump was asked about the incident he said "he's never heard of him"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.b219debf10c6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golf will expose your character. Especially if you think you are (or should be) better than you really are.

I agree that his swing is not bad, and for his age he can still move it out there. I will not believe he is a 2.8 until I see him play 18 by the rules.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little saltier than Obama's.

Last edited by: orphious: Mar 27, 17 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's Golfing [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

According to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller, Obama played 333 rounds as president. Obama's last round came on December 31 while on vacation in Hawaii. Knoller tweeted it was Obama's 46th round of his final year in office.
Obama averaged about 41 rounds a year, but he never came close to Presidents Woodrow Wilson or Dwight Eisenhower, who were estimated to have played 1,200 and 800 rounds, respectively.

http://www.golfchannel.com/...3-rounds-golf-potus/

There's another, slightly different, total, but it really does not matter. I agree Trump is playing a lot for so early in his term, but GWB played golf early, then quit playing. There's lots in common with these two guys (Obama was said to think his hoops skills were better than reality showed, as mentioned by some others who shot hoops with him), and they're two massive egos.
I was irked by Obama's golf mostly because it was in addition to the gym, basketball, family vacations, etc. I'm irked by Trump's golf because he is doing a piss poor job of leading, and does not have the extra time. One exception to the golf thing, in my mind, is time spent on the links with a foreign leader, eg I'd imagine neither would get by without hitting the links with a Japanese PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Republicans never 0bjected to the president playing golf. They objected to Obama playing golf.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The swing is a little quick but overall not too bad.

Quote Reply

Prev Next