Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

continental gp4000s ii updates?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know when this tire was last updated? I need to order new stock and see a wide range of prices from the typical online retailers. Just wondering if the higher prices are for a "new" upgrade"? Appreciate the help.
Quote Reply
Re: continental gp4000s ii updates? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated about a year or so ago. Probably get another update in a couple years. But that doesn't always mean it will be better. There are tradeoffs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Anyone know when this tire was last updated? I need to order new stock and see a wide range of prices from the typical online retailers. Just wondering if the higher prices are for a "new" upgrade"? Appreciate the help.

The SII is the upgraded model. Conti makes it difficult if not impossible to keep track of running production updates to their tires. They can be visually the same tread and labeling while having been updated. For the GPK4SII you will likely end up with the latest available stock and independent testing hasn't shown a lot of variation in rolling resistance lately.

When you receive your tires you can check the production date using the info here: http://www.continental-tires.com/...aq/tyre-construction
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a set off eBay

http://www.ebay.com/...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Best price and free shipping

Just checked the date, looks like August 2016

Also, this is another reason I find it hard to go to the LBS to buy goods... $66 for a set of these tires online, $74.99 for a single tire (same model) at the LBS.
Last edited by: Dillon152: Mar 25, 17 12:38
Quote Reply
Re: continental gp4000s ii updates? [Dillon152] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dillon152 wrote:
Also, this is another reason I find it hard to go to the LBS to buy goods... $66 for a set of these tires online, $74.99 for a single tire (same model) at the LBS.

Well it costs quite a bit to rent a brick-and-mortar and to pay bike mechanics to staff it. But if you've ever snapped a chain or bent a derailleur hanger the day before a race you appreciate them a lot more.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: continental gp4000s ii updates? [Dillon152] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just bought a pair from Planet Cyclery.....have ordered from them before.....$63.90 for the pair including shipping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Just bought a pair from Planet Cyclery.....have ordered from them before.....$63.90 for the pair including shipping.

Just did the same, great deal
Quote Reply