Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault?
Quote | Reply
http://www.cbc.ca/...eal-mosque-1.4037397

Shocked I say shocked at his fostering this type of atmosphere
Last edited by: windywave: Mar 24, 17 20:23
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
http://www.cbc.ca/...eal-mosque-1.4037397

Shocked I say shocked at his fostering this type of atmosphere

Did you read this part. At least the larger Muslim community is stepping up to the plate. Not like it was that Israeli teenager spreading the hate. But I agree, this fuckhead Iman should never have been allowed in. Thank God you've got Trump to save you from this ever happening.

"Larger Muslim community wants apology from mosque and wonders why controversial imam was invited to preach"
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your thread title is complete BS. Come to think of it, so is the one sentence you wrote in the thread.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is plenty to criticize the selfie PM on, this is probably not one of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
There is plenty to criticize the selfie PM on, this is probably not one of them.

Second time we've agreed since his coronation, err, I mean election. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We could talk about his most recent budget. 18 month maternity leaves, big deficits and such

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were just talking about the maternity leave. I believe the amount you get for those extra months is really low, and I don't see many employers jumping in to top that up (rightfully so, IMO). I don't see how that benefits anyone who wasn't already planning on staying home to raise their child. If you need to go back to work after a year to support your family, I don't think 30% (or whatever it was) is going to help you out too much.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We could talk about his most recent budget. 18 month maternity leaves, big deficits and such

Our government is getting way too big. I was reminded of this a few days ago when I got an updated copy of the Income Tax Act, all 3,000 pages. The publishing company sent a copy of the 1917 "Temporary War Measures Act", since it has been 100 years since income tax was introduced, on a temporary basis to raise money for the war. That Act was about 5 pages.

Meanwhile, in the budget, they announced that they will spend $500 million to increase enforcement of the legislation they passed. It's a perfect example of how government gets out of hand. The government just gets bigger and bigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

On the maternity, I believe it is is the same amount of money just spread out over 18 months instead of 12. I don't know too many families that will be able to do that. we were dying by the end of our second child.
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mat leave Is a reduced amount, I think it winds up being budget neutral. (Which actually benefits the govt, time-value of money and all that) but it is more about the fact that in many areas it can be hard to find daycare for kids under 18months.

Most people will opt for 12 months, but at least it is an option.

It also might be helpful in cases where both parents get top-ups from their employer.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Mar 25, 17 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Your thread title is complete BS. Come to think of it, so is the one sentence you wrote in the thread.

I guess the irony of the title is lost on you, I took it verbatim from the Trump one and just edited it appropriately
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It makes no sense though. The trump thread was created to argue that it wasn't trumps fault, and really doesn't exist.

Ironically, the ironic thread you created isn't even ironic.

What does Trudeau have to do with that?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's like rain on your wedding day. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
It makes no sense though. The trump thread was created to argue that it wasn't trumps fault, and really doesn't exist.

I just thought it was funny and ironic that article popped up the same say the Trump thread started for chrissakes.

Nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I just thought it was funny and ironic that article popped up the same say the Trump thread started for chrissakes.

Nothing.

Might want to pay more attention to Canadian politics before trying to be ironic. Our current PM (a Liberal) is all about singing kum-by-yah, holding hands in peace circles, making bad decisions so he can proclaim himself as a feminist, spending tax payer dollars on personal luxuries, and most importantly, taking selfies.

Meanwhile the leadership race for the Conservative party is two dozen guys with the front runner being the Canadian version of Trump. I'll be voting for whoevers polling second on the big day.
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
windywave wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Nothing.

Might want to pay more attention to Canadian politics before trying to be ironic. Our current PM (a Liberal) is all about singing kum-by-yah, holding hands in peace circles, making bad decisions so he can proclaim himself as a feminist, spending tax payer dollars on personal luxuries, and most importantly, taking selfies.

Meanwhile the leadership race for the Conservative party is two dozen guys with the front runner being the Canadian version of Trump. I'll be voting for whoevers polling second on the big day.

The irony/coincidence had to do with the timing of the articles and the post. I have a decent understanding of what's going on through reading and then osmosis on here. I find the reactions of the Canadians on here surprising
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You really have no idea how good you have it.
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the Canada, Trudeau's fault? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
owen. wrote:

Second time we've agreed since his coronation, err, I mean election. :-)

You keep Coronation out of this...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you upset the Canukflakes. Which doesn't take much these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I guess the irony of the title is lost on you, I took it verbatim from the Trump one and just edited it appropriately

Pretty sure everyone got your "irony," Just that everyone thought it was lame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given our daughters complex issues I would rather have spread our payments out. As it happened my wife was off work from May 2010 to Jan 2012.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply