Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crystal ball Wahoo Kickr and other smart trainers?
Quote | Reply
I ride my trainer (KK Road Machine) a bunch during the winter and spring, though rarely use during the summer and fall. I've wanted to upgrade to a smart trainer for a while and have used the Kickr quite a bit and enjoyed it.

REI has their annual 20% off deal plus I have a pretty decent annual dividend, so I could get a Kickr for a very good price. Problem is I probably won't use much until next winter. Any big undates to trainers predicted this year? New trainers, upgrades, or price reductions?

I know it's all speculation, though I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Crystal ball Wahoo Kickr and other smart trainers? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new version of the kickr only arrived end of last summer - and the previous one was around since 2012 so i cant imagine its going to be updated again for a few years. Price wise apart from retailer discounts the v1 didn't ever become "cheap" so if you're getting a good deal i'd go ahead - as its not really trainer season in the northern hemisphere probably a good time to buy.
Quote Reply
Re: Crystal ball Wahoo Kickr and other smart trainers? [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Crystal ball Wahoo Kickr and other smart trainers? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might want to check the fine print on the REI Kickr. It had been exempt from across-the-board sales in the past, so you might not get that 20 percent off. However, it's still a good deal at REI because you get 10 percent back in purchase credit dividends.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Crystal ball Wahoo Kickr and other smart trainers? [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They gave it to me for 20% off, plus I used my REI dividend, so I picked up a new Kickr for about $750 out the door!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news, congratulations!!

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply