Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New middle east flying rules
Quote | Reply
So if your plane is originating from certain middle east countries or transiting through you are supposed to check you laptops and other e devices in luggage vs carry on. Cell phones excepted. Can anyone explain to me how this increases safety? Maybe helps espionage can't see how it makes flying safer

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: New middle east flying rules [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bombs
Quote Reply
Re: New middle east flying rules [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay if I was going to put a bomb on a plane I could just as easily do it by putting the bomb in the laptop in checked luggage as carrying it on no? If fact I might like to put it in someone else's luggage and not take that flight. Has anyone ever detonated a bomb with a laptop they brought onto a plane?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
okay if I was going to put a bomb on a plane I could just as easily do it by putting the bomb in the laptop in checked luggage as carrying it on no? If fact I might like to put it in someone else's luggage and not take that flight. Has anyone ever detonated a bomb with a laptop they brought onto a plane?

The bombs have to be manually detonated for this version
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, recently in Somalia; may remember the incident, only one who died was the bomber. If the device is small, it needs to be placed against the pressure hull.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Intel from the Yemen raid apparently gave them a heads up on something. Multiple ways they could be used by those with bad intentions.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MAGA: Making Airlines Great Again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C'mon, if it was about safety, all airlines with flights originating from the middle east would be affected. No, this is about Trump paying back his donors from the major US airlines. Inconvenience business and first class flyers on middle eastern airlines, get them to switch to US carriers and take the profit away from those ME airlines (who happen to be heavily subsidized by their governments.)
Quote Reply
Re: New middle east flying rules [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Ladies and gentleman please direct you attention to the front of the aircraft as your flight attendant explains how to use your tinfoil hat."

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: New middle east flying rules [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot stand Trump, but if that is the case why is the U.K. also imposing a similar ban?
Quote Reply
Re: New middle east flying rules [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Protectionism is not the sole purview of the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Bombs

If the threat is bombs, anyone who has worked in a prison knows you can literally stuff a buttload of stuff up your butt. That's why I never understood some of these stupid rules, because your butt can carry so much. Eventually, there probably is going to be a butt bomber, then what is TSA going to do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Bombs

Anyone know what a laptop can do that a smartphone can't?
Quote Reply