Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., Trump's fault? [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
read again what i said. i purposefully didnt blame trump. i simply noted there was an increase.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., Trump's fault? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
read again what i said. i purposefully didnt blame trump. i simply noted there was an increase.

Wait, that doesn't seem right. This is literally you, from earlier in the thread:
Quote:
people arent blaming trump for inventing it. they're blaming him for emboldening bigots and making them relevant again.

Oh that's right, you ARE blaming Trump.

Either there's an increase in hate crimes and they can be attributed to Trump's election emboldening bigots, or there isn't. I saw a wave of accusations and every single assault (which actually gets investigated) that I saw was a hoax, often leading to charges levied against the accuser. This is a dangerous and costly game, saying that racists and sexists in this country 1. support Trump and 2. are unleashing their hate because they feel like the tide is turning for people like them. So again: any evidence of what you posted? If not maybe examine why you believe it to be true.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Mar 30, 17 13:14
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., Trump's fault? [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Wait, that doesn't seem right. This is literally you, from earlier in the thread:
Quote:
people arent blaming trump for inventing it. they're blaming him for emboldening bigots and making them relevant again.

Either there's an increase in hate crimes and they can be attributed to Trump's election emboldening bigots, or there isn't. I saw a wave of accusations and every single assault (which actually gets investigated) that I saw was a hoax, often leading to charges levied against the accuser. This is a dangerous and costly game, saying that racists and sexists in this country 1. support Trump and 2. are unleashing their hate because they feel like the tide is turning for people like them. So again: any evidence of what you posted? If not maybe examine why you believe it to be true.

i said what other people say and you confused that with my position?

try this smart guy... people say that jehovah created the heavensand the earth.

i guess that makes me a christian! duh! give me a break.

Once you figure that out then we can address your false dichotomy.

Last edited by: veganerd: Mar 30, 17 14:31
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., Trump's fault? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Quote:

try this smart guy... people say that jehovah created the heavensand the earth.

i guess that makes me a christian! duh! give me a break.

Once you figure that out then we can address your false dichotomy.

Veganerd, you know we love you but...
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., Trump's fault? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Veganerd, you know we love you but...

I said what other people say. It seems pretty straightforward.

notice i said "people" and "theyre" not "i" and "we"

Last edited by: veganerd: Mar 30, 17 14:46
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., Trump's fault? [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the anti-semites were emboldened by the Obama administration's abstention from the UN security council resolution condemning Israel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No you just got caught in one of your anti-trump posts and got called out on it. Admit you were wrong and move on. Sheesh
Quote Reply
Re: Rash of Anti-Semitism in the U.S., Trump's fault? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
No you just got caught in one of your anti-trump posts and got called out on it. Admit you were wrong and move on. Sheesh

Okay explain why I said "theyre" if I'm really talking about myself.

Pronouns aren't this complicated sheesh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
I 'confused' it with your position because you didn't clarify or qualify the post. I don't know of many instances where someone says 'people believe .....' and don't use it as a basis of their own opinion/belief UNLESS also qualify it with something like 'I'm not saying it's true...' or something like that.

Do you believe that the election of Trump has led to an increase in hate crimes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
veganerd wrote:
I 'confused' it with your position because you didn't clarify or qualify the post. I don't know of many instances where someone says 'people believe .....' and don't use it as a basis of their own opinion/belief UNLESS also qualify it with something like 'I'm not saying it's true...' or something like that.

Do you believe that the election of Trump has led to an increase in hate crimes?

i dont know if trump is to blame for any increase in hate crimes. correlation does not equal causation and there usually is not a single cause for society wide problems.

he may be to blame, may not be, he may be partially at fault, he may even be stifling them! i dont know, we need more information. im sure studies will be done and we will know eventually.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
veganerd wrote:

i dont know if trump is to blame for any increase in hate crimes. correlation does not equal causation and there usually is not a single cause for society wide problems.

he may be to blame, may not be, he may be partially at fault, he may even be stifling them! i dont know, we need more information. im sure studies will be done and we will know eventually.

In the meantime you should just write: "they say the anti-semites were emboldened by the Obama administration's abstention from the UN security council resolution condemning Israel. Maybe the Obama admin was responsible maybe they weren't. Heavy correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation. Obama and the recent rise of anti-semitism is a tough question. I'm sure studies will put his admin's terrible treatment of Israel into perspective".
Last edited by: SH: Mar 30, 17 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would you be happier if i just decided on shit based on my feelings rather than facts?

i think my answer was intellectually honest. i dont know because the results arent in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
would you be happier if i just decided on shit based on my feelings rather than facts?

There are no facts proving Trump has any role in a purported rise in anti-semitism. I'd like you to decide based on the facts.
When we get new facts THEN you can make new decisions. In the meantime, I would hope you could understand that innocent "conversations" about guilt by association are not innocent.

This is media manipulation. This is fake news. And this is your opportunity to stand up to it.

Otherwise, you can join the people waiting for more facts to come in before deciding if Hillary murdered tons of her associates to get to the Presidency. Or you can wait for the facts before you decide if Barak Obama wiretapped Trump Tower.
Last edited by: SH: Mar 30, 17 18:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
veganerd wrote:

There are no facts proving Trump has any role in a purported rise in anti-semitism. I'd like you to decide based on the facts.
When we get new facts THEN you can make new decisions. In the meantime, I would hope you could understand that innocent "conversations" about guilt by association are not innocent.

This is media manipulation. This is fake news. And this is your opportunity to stand up to it.

Otherwise, you can join the people waiting for more facts to come in before deciding if Hillary murdered tons of her associates to get to the Presidency. Or you can wait for the facts before you decide if Barak Obama wiretapped Trump Tower.

dude, i said the jury is still out. if it is proven that there is no causation, then that will be my position. if it is proven that he is partially to blame, them that will be my position. until then, my position is :

"there is an apparent rise in hate crimes according to the fbi, but i dont know what the cause is"

how is that unreasonable?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
SH wrote:
veganerd wrote:

dude, i said the jury is still out. if it is proven that there is no causation, then that will be my position. if it is proven that he is partially to blame, them that will be my position. until then, my position is :

"there is an apparent rise in hate crimes according to the fbi, but i dont know what the cause is"

how is that unreasonable?
Frankly, there's a real world context that you have been playing fast and loose with here. I thought you were smart enough to understand its implications, but maybe I was wrong. You are -- perhaps witlessly -- being played by the liberal media.

You're waiting on fantasy juries. This whole thing isn't even about juries. It's about slandering Donald Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Frankly, there's a real world context that you have been playing fast and loose with here. I thought you were smart enough to understand its implications, but maybe I was wrong. You are -- perhaps witlessly -- being played by the liberal media.

You're waiting on fantasy juries. This whole thing isn't even about juries. It's about slandering Donald Trump.

i think youre trying to lump me in with unreasonable people who see the world in black and white. just because some people think everything trump does is just like hitler, doesnt mean that i do.

also, if if were being played by liberal media about trump, wouldn't my position be decided? or at least less undecided?

Last edited by: veganerd: Mar 30, 17 19:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

i think youre trying to lump me in with unreasonable people who see the world in black and white. just because some people think everything trump does is just like hitler, doesnt mean that i do.

also, if if were being played by liberal media about trump, wouldn't my position be decided? or at least less undecided?

No. Just talking about it is good enough. Just talking about what "they" think in an emotionally distant, but open minded way is good enough. Repeating the "theory" is good enough.
There'll never be a jury coming in. Maybe you'll figure that out. Maybe you won't. But many people won't understand the absolute unreasonableness of having to prove a negative. They will never see proof Trump didn't do it.
Depending on the intelligent to keep an open mind about fake news is precisely how it's done.

I mean imagine if I was willing to seriously entertain the idea that Hillary Clinton murdered people to maintain her track to power. I mean it would have facts. Those people really are all dead. Those people really were all Hillary's associates . I can certainly theorize from there that at least some of them might have had inconvenient information about her -- maybe all of them. I would just be waiting for a "jury" to tell me if she did it or not. And meanwhile, I could always explain the theory in its most eloquent and "fact based way" -- errr I mean what "they" say. Wouldn't I be part of the problem?
Last edited by: SH: Mar 30, 17 20:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... as I thought about it last night, I'm still formulating my opinions about the whole fake news thing. The things I said have validity. I don't think it's so important they are aimed at Veganerd in particular. You just happened to be standing there, so to speak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Hmmm... as I thought about it last night, I'm still formulating my opinions about the whole fake news thing. The things I said have validity. I don't think it's so important they are aimed at Veganerd in particular. You just happened to be standing there, so to speak.

fair enough. reevaluation is a good thing.

Quote Reply

Prev Next