Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Counties who lost the most people and gained the most.
Quote | Reply
It should be no surprise most of the counties are left leaning, and it should be no surprise that right leaning counties are the most desirable. Mine was number one in gains. Problem is, these people leave their sadly run counties because of things like taxes and cost than infect responsible counties like mine like a virus.

http://www.cnsnews.com/...e/terence-p-jeffrey/

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Counties who lost the most people and gained the most. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Linky no worky

Re: Counties who lost the most people and gained the most. [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you expect, it's CNS "News"
Quote Reply
Re: Counties who lost the most people and gained the most. [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is the link:

http://www.cnsnews.com/...loss-maricopa-county

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I refreshed and got the same error, must be down. Just showed trends. Counties losing were mostly in NY, IL, MI and Missouri. The ones with the most gains were in texas and FL, but Maricopa AZ was the largest with 90K net gain in 2015. There isn't much else in this state. Tuscon is nice, but downtown Tuscon and the main area are infected with liberalism. It is dirty to, riddled with homeless and graffiti. They did elect Gabby Giffords and replaced her with another nutter. The minute you leave that small area, it becomes quite red and nicer.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Counties who lost the most people and gained the most. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This doesn't mean the trends don't bear out what you're suggesting but numeric change is a pretty shitty way to demonstrate population shifts. 21,000 people left Cook County? That's on par with the 5K that left Milwaukee County, as a percent change.

I can't access the raw data, their link seems to be broken, but any analysis about where people are move to/from should take into account the size of the established area, imo.

All that said, I live outside Boston and if my wife and I didn't have family here we'd be gone in a second. It is so fucking expensive, housing is insane, local taxes are ridiculous, state taxes. We're looking at houses and in some areas, the property taxes on 3 bed single family homes is what we pay in rent right now. Fucking insane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correlation does not mean causation. This is a continuation of a trend that started with the invention of reliable cheap air conditioning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like more people bailing out of cold weather to warm weather, Global Warming is taking too long.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Counties who lost the most people and gained the most. [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Correlation does not mean causation. This is a continuation of a trend that started with the invention of reliable cheap air conditioning.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that this has little to do with The Forge's hypothesis. Nevertheless, even if we assume his hypothesis is correct, there's also a chicken/egg argument. Is [insert county] bad because its liberal? Or is it liberal because its bad?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Counties who lost the most people and gained the most. [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure air conditioning is the primary driver. Where would you rather live? I was miserable each week I went up to Minnesota. That weather sucked big time. That alone would make me not live there. But cost of living and taxes have been a common denominator I have heard from people who moved to florida from the northeast and a common denominator here in phoenix where we get a lot of California and Chicago transplants. Common theme is taxes, COL, and radical politics. Now when I say radical politics, I'm talking mostly about Californians. I mean these guys are liberal or center left. They just thought California was crazy. They are right, but they don't see a cause and effect of liberals like them that were OK with extreme elements taking more and more control. This is why they quickly need to be corrected when they move here in the errors in their thinking. You don't move to Arizona from California and suggest we have more gun control. Just like you don't move to Florida from New York and suggest we need an income tax to improve roads and schools. See what I mean. That's how the virus spreads.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Nobody goes there anymore. Its too crowded." - Yogi Berra

This sounds like you trying to take whatever numbers you can find to make liberals look bad.

People leave cities because of taxes just like people move into cities because Bumblefuck is boring. Babyboomers are retiring and they are moving to warmer climates with lower taxes. Big surprise.

Quote Reply
Re: Counties who lost the most people and gained the most. [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"Nobody goes there anymore. Its too crowded." - Yogi Berra

This sounds like you trying to take whatever numbers you can find to make liberals look bad.

People leave cities because of taxes just like people move into cities because Bumblefuck is boring. Babyboomers are retiring and they are moving to warmer climates with lower taxes. Big surprise.

I don't need numbers and I don't have to try. People only need to see an argument between you or any other resident leftist with whoever here to realize how screwed up the liberal view of the world is.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blah blah blah something unintelligible blah blah liberals bad.

The words before "liberals bad" are usually meaningless.

Quote:
I don't need numbers and I don't have to try. People only need to see an argument between you or any other resident leftist with whoever here to realize how screwed up the liberal view of the world is.

Last edited by: BarryP: Mar 23, 17 20:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
It should be no surprise most of the counties are left leaning, and it should be no surprise that right leaning counties are the most desirable. Mine was number one in gains. Problem is, these people leave their sadly run counties because of things like taxes and cost than infect responsible counties like mine like a virus.

http://www.cnsnews.com/...e/terence-p-jeffrey/

In Maine it's just the opposite. The rural, Trump counties are losing population the fastest. Only two counties in the state that had more births than deaths last year were in the southern affluent, Hilary areas. General trend that has been going on for years.

http://widgetsanddigits.bangordailynews.com/2017/03/23/demographics/two-maine-counties-had-more-births-than-deaths-in-2016/
Quote Reply