Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey JSA, SCOTUS NLRB rulling
Quote | Reply
What does this mean. Wouldn't any policies this idiot shouldn't have been a part of well beyond being null and void. The damage already done?

http://www.foxnews.com/...pointment-power.html

Seems sort of like a, sorry, this will apply next time.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA, SCOTUS NLRB rulling [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically, SCOTUS confirmed the Court of Appeals ruling that President Obama exceeded his authority to make recess appointments to the NLRB. The actual members were removed, re-nominated by President Obama, and confirmed. However, the acting general counsel to the NLRB, Lafe Solomon, was never confirmed by the Senate. Therefore, he never properly held that role from 2010 to 2013. This isn't as big a deal as the actual board members, but it is big deal.

The net effect is that Solomon's actions, including his GC directives, may be rendered null and void. However, it is possible the current GC, Richard Griffin (appointed by President Obama) could simply "adopt" and/or "ratify" all Solomon's directives, which would then "validate" them.

EDIT TO ADD: The bigger consequence is that Trump, who had planned the same move with regard to a couple of his appointees, will be blocked from doing so.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Mar 23, 17 12:06
Quote Reply