Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Star Wars awesomeness
Quote | Reply
End of Rogue One and beginning of New Hope spliced together.

https://vimeo.com/209263699
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There'll be no one to stop us this time!

D. Vader
Last edited by: SH: Mar 23, 17 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will be no escape for the Princess this time.

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, THAT's how he knew she was part of the rebel alliance and a spy.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But he couldn't tell she was his daughter?

Or could he?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He didn't even know he had a daughter at that time. He didn't learn about the existence of Luke's twin sister for 2 more movies.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if he was that strong with The Force, shouldn't he have gotten a "feeling" about her then?

Or was he so pissed off at the moment, his anger clouded his feelings? [most likely explanation, I guess]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF!?!?!?! The ending of Rogue One fucked up the start of New Hope.

1. If Lea's ship is capable of hyper-drive, then when didn't it jump again when being pursued by the Star Destroyer?

2. If Vader was able to kick everyone's ass in Rogue One, then why didn't he do the same when he boarded the ship in New Hope?

3. If Lea's ship was pulled into a hanger on the Star Destroyer, which allowed Vader and the Stormtroopers to enter it, then how was the escape pod with the droids able to launch?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
1. If Lea's ship is capable of hyper-drive, then when didn't it jump again when being pursued by the Star Destroyer?
2. If Vader was able to kick everyone's ass in Rogue One, then why didn't he do the same when he boarded the ship in New Hope?
3. If Lea's ship was pulled into a hanger on the Star Destroyer, which allowed Vader and the Stormtroopers to enter it, then how was the escape pod with the droids able to launch?

4. Why do grown men agonize over trying to makes sense from obviously fictions stories

That's their job

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

4. Why do grown men agonize over trying to makes sense from obviously fictions stories

Because the original trilogy was about as close to perfection as possible and lazy writing that bogarts that perfection is a crime against humanity.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I offer some possibilities to try to assuage your right honorable nerdship's agita:

Star Destroyer could have employed tractor beam technology similar to what was used to pull the Millennium Falcon into the Death Star in Episode IV.

He was hot under the collar (helmet) in the immediate aftermath of the loss of the Imperial archive and in immediate pursuit of the Death Star plans. We don't know exactly how long it took the Destroyer to catch up to Lea's ship, but I submit it was long enough for Vader to regain his badass composure. In other words, he could have kicked everyone's ass when he boarded in New Hope, but he had cooled down enough to let his junior associates...I mean his storm troopers...do the basic bitch work.

Escape pod launched before the outside portal of the hanger was closed, as shown below. D'rr.

Last edited by: wimsey: Mar 31, 17 20:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"WTF!?!?!?! The ending of Rogue One fucked up the start of New Hope.

3. If Lea's ship was pulled into a hanger on the Star Destroyer, which allowed Vader and the Stormtroopers to enter it, then how was the escape pod with the droids able to launch?"

Whimsy addressed the mechanics. I just want to point out that this concern only involves A New Hope. Rogue One didn't create some new problem here.

Carry on.
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [wesley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wesley wrote:
"WTF!?!?!?! The ending of Rogue One fucked up the start of New Hope.

3. If Lea's ship was pulled into a hanger on the Star Destroyer, which allowed Vader and the Stormtroopers to enter it, then how was the escape pod with the droids able to launch?"

Whimsy addressed the mechanics. I just want to point out that this concern only involves A New Hope. Rogue One didn't create some new problem here.

Carry on.

Sure it did. Rogue One introduced the concepts that (1) Lea's ship has hyperdrive and (2) that Vader is, basically, invincible against mere mortals.

Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

I offer some possibilities to try to assuage your right honorable nerdship's agita:

Star Destroyer could have employed tractor beam technology similar to what was used to pull the Millennium Falcon into the Death Star in Episode IV.

The only reason it was able to pull the Falcon is b/c the hyperdrive was jacked up. So ...

wimsey wrote:

He was hot under the collar (helmet) in the immediate aftermath of the loss of the Imperial archive and in immediate pursuit of the Death Star plans. We don't know exactly how long it took the Destroyer to catch up to Lea's ship, but I submit it was long enough for Vader to regain his badass composure. In other words, he could have kicked everyone's ass when he boarded in New Hope, but he had cooled down enough to let his junior associates...I mean his storm troopers...do the basic bitch work.
Weak. He hid behind the Stormtroopers like a bitch.

wimsey wrote:

Escape pod launched before the outside portal of the hanger was closed, as shown below. D'rr.

I know what they showed when the pod launched, but it is another inconsistency. There is no docking station linked to the ship. They went in through the side of the ship (not the top). Which means the bay doors were closed and the bay pressurized when the Stormtroopers entered the ship. Lazy writing.

Also, this sums up how ridiculous that scene is:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those points are relevant to your first 2 objections. But, blame for your third point lies solely at the feet of A New Hope.
Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:

He was hot under the collar (helmet) in the immediate aftermath of the loss of the Imperial archive and in immediate pursuit of the Death Star plans. We don't know exactly how long it took the Destroyer to catch up to Lea's ship,

It's "L-E-I-A," fuckheads

Quote Reply
Re: Star Wars awesomeness [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hahahaha

I think my daughter did that

Rebel Scum, that she is

Quote Reply