Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ventum White Glove Delivery Service [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I agree with you.

But you have to realize, there a lot more people that want nothing to do with fixing anything their bike, let alone putting it together.

I've had a friend ask me several times how to change the battery of his duotrap speed sensor on his speed concept. I think he's been asking me for over 6 months. I still don't think he has done it. It takes less than 5 minutes to do it. But it's obvious he's very concerned/scared to work on anything on his bike. I've told him to come over and I'll show him.... he has yet to do so.

And there are also a lot of people that don't need much done to their bike, but would like to learn. So they learn how to do it, Don't need to do it for a year and forget how to do it. Then they take it back to their trusted mechanic, learn again and the cycle continues.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum White Glove Delivery Service [Robert Driskell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert Driskell wrote:
So question as a fitter who has fitted numerous elite multisport athlete, when you say Velofix is trained in fitting and wrenching on your Ventum. How are they trained as fitters? My suggestion to you as a company is to refer your clients to a qualified fitter.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your note.

Ventum recommends all athletes to get measured by a fitter before purchasing our bike. Then once the bike has arrived getting a fitter to adjust the bike to fit the rider to make sure the rider is comfortable and fast.

The Velofix vans will be able to match fit numbers provided by the customer.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum White Glove Delivery Service [Youngtano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Youngtano wrote:
Robert Driskell wrote:
So question as a fitter who has fitted numerous elite multisport athlete, when you say Velofix is trained in fitting and wrenching on your Ventum. How are they trained as fitters? My suggestion to you as a company is to refer your clients to a qualified fitter.

My guess is that Jimmy is referring to showing the mechanic how to properly assemble/disassemble/adjust the stack/reach and such. Not actually giving them a fit clinic. You know, so the mechanic knows how to adjust the bike properly when matching fits from a different bike or something.

You are correct.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next