Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2xZipp 808 NSW or 808 nsw front super 9 rear? 70.3 rolling course
Quote | Reply
I have an upcoming 70.3 race. It's a rolling course with a 2,3 relatively short hills, nothing special, but you have to use a small chain ring (if you're not Peter Sagan). Did it last year, so I am familiar with all I have to be :)

Recently I've changed my bike. From 2013 Canyon Speedmax 2x10 DA di2 to a 2017 Canyon Speedmax 2x11 DA di2 with zipps 808 nsw. I still have my "old" Super 9 Zipp disk but with the 10 speed freewheel and I have to buy a new FW. OK, I will, but do I have to bother to do it right now?
How faster I will be (or will not) with the Super 9? If we are talking about some seconds or a minute, I am ok with that and will go with 808 on both wheels...

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2xZipp 808 NSW or 808 nsw front super 9 rear? 70.3 rolling course [bojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can plug the course into best bike split and find the differences there but note that BBS does under estimate the benefits of a disc.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2xZipp 808 NSW or 808 nsw front super 9 rear? 70.3 rolling course [bojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always disc. Always.
Quote Reply
Re: 2xZipp 808 NSW or 808 nsw front super 9 rear? 70.3 rolling course [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same apply to a disk cover ?

If I had a set of 7.8 enve wheels already , do I gain much over an IM ? I am guessing not on a rolling course but happy to be told otherwise

Thx
Quote Reply