Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for Felt IA owners
Quote | Reply
The rear bottle bosses, what's your favorite thing to put back there? And do you need shorter bolts to attach it? I took some off the downtube and they seem way too long ?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Felt IA owners [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an XLab Gear Box Kit in a bottle cage behind my seat tube. It was meant to be an interim until I decided on a long-term draft box solution. Still haven't changed. I do not remember the bolts being any longer. My bike had bolts in the lugs, and I just used those.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Felt IA owners [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright cool. See I have little caps in the lugs, and not bolts, so I think I've gotta find some. Appreciate the reply!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the standard bolts that Felt supplies for the front caes are to long for the rear. Mu IA10 had nothing in the rear lugs. I bought some stainles bolts and cut them to a length that prevented them from bottoming out.

So far I an not using the lugs at all. Hope to get something like a storage box from a QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup. bolts from the front cage are too long for the back. i tried to mount cage on the back seat post, and it rattled around. i couldn't take it. so i put the cage in the front. I heard Felt is coming out with a box for the back later this summer. crossing fingers.

Here's my bike Felt iA10

https://joechoosehappiness.com/2017/04/22/my-new-bike-felt-ia-10/

https://joechoosehappiness.com/2017/04/22/bike-tweaks/

Quote Reply
Re: Question for Felt IA owners [jwong_2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks dude. Hopefully they do come out with a box this summer. Would be sick.

I uses some nylon spacers and that did the trick, I was able to tighten the bolts down!
Quote Reply